Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 10:45 AM

3 posts, read 4,410 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,

I recently moved to Denver from the suburbs of Chicago, and in late October/early November I have to go on a business trip to Europe for 3 weeks. Does anybody have any suggestions for dog boarding in the Denver metro area? I am looking for somewhere that might specialize in longer term boarding, and obviously I'm looking to pay a reasonable amount (maybe 20-30 dollars a night). I'd be open for options other than boarding as well. Please let me know if anybody knows of any good options for this sort of need.

Thank you,
atallen223
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 10:56 AM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
1. Yelp.com
2. My daughter thought these guys Travelin were great.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:26 PM

3,127 posts, read 5,055,140 times
Check out Craig's list under the pet services section.
https://denver.craigslist.org/pas/

Try to find someone who can board him in their home. It will be a much better experience for him.

Alternatively, if he does well at home by himself and you have a dog door, you can find a pet sitter to come to your house twice a day to feed him but that will likely cost more money.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:42 PM

52 posts, read 81,556 times
We typically use Camp Bow in LoDo or Golden, although the rates can be a bit steep at $39 a night. There are a few options closer to the airport that are definitely less expensive, and with some they even offer shuttle service to the airport. We haven't used one yet, but there are some with good reviews on Yelp.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:30 PM

3 posts, read 4,410 times
oof yeah 39 dollars a night for three weeks would be a little steep. I was hoping to find somewhere that would specialize more in the longer term care. He wouldn't do very good left alone, so I don't think a petsitter would be the best option, but most of the times that I have brought him to a kennel he has gotten sick from it. mic111, a person who takes them into their home would be a good bet do you know of anyone good who does that?

Old 08-14-2014, 08:33 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,217,846 times
We liked Play, Stay and More for boarding, (Camp Bow Wow for day care).

Play! Stay! & More

Old 08-14-2014, 09:02 PM

3,127 posts, read 5,055,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atallen223 View Post
mic111, a person who takes them into their home would be a good bet do you know of anyone good who does that?
You have to look at the listings yourself. Only you know what type of dog you have. Some homes have kids but some don't so if your dog doesn't like kids you have that option, some have other dogs to play with, some don't and will take dogs that don't get along with other dogs, some only take small dogs, some like pits, some are single retirees, some are couples without kids, some have backyards, some let the dog sleep in their bed etc. Also they are all over town and you probably want to look at the ones closest to you first.

Denver Dog Boarding and Pet Sitters | Rover.com

Old 08-15-2014, 07:28 AM

322 posts, read 525,169 times
We've used Digstown for short trips and Shylo Country Club for Dogs for long trips, which is a bit more affordable than boarding facilities in the city - Shylo Country Club for Dogs.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:16 AM

20 posts, read 35,329 times
I used to use traditional kennels but have recently switched to dogvacay.com and had my dogs stay in other people's homes and have had a lot of luck with it. It may be worth checking into since it is usually much cheaper and most accommodating than a traditional boarder.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:39 PM

862 posts, read 1,643,229 times
Please forgive me if I'm pointing you in the wrong direction. I have only been here for 70 hours house hunting so not sure what areas are what yet. We will have to board our 3 ShihTzu for hopefully only about 2 weeks, maybe longer, when we move here next month and have been looking online. So far we like Pinehurst Animal Center Boarding information The rates are very comparable to what we pay in Kentucky and the pupdogs have a run outside that is opened up for them if the weather is nice so they can come in and go out at the same time as they please. Much better than being in a kennel and having 4 outside walks a day. $15 a night for up to 40lbs, $17 up to 80lbs. We are going to talk to them tomorrow to see if they will do a 2 week and if we can come visit them. We are hoping since ours are all less than 15lb each that they will put all 3 in the same kennel, but if not we know they will put 2 of them. One was a severely abused puppy mill dog that was rescued a few months before we adopted him and we always put him in with one of the others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver