Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 11:42 PM

833 posts, read 1,712,157 times

Advertisements

I'm a little late with my reply (to the new post, VERY late to the first post from a year ago), but it made me think of a few Westword columns I stumbled across recently...

Virginia Village: I'll be out reppin' my transitional neighborhood like a mascot | Westword

Six Cool Things in Southeast Denver | Westword

This last one is more about Colorado Blvd, but if you are in Virginia Village, you are gonna have to deal with it.

Colorado Boulevard Isn't That Bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 07:40 AM

286 posts, read 351,472 times
WRT Co blvd, you can always go a little bit east to catch Holly/Monaco depending on where you're trying to go. Or if you are trying to go towards downtown but want to avoid the downtown part of 25, you can catch 25 to broadway or lincoln or some such to go north.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:56 AM

4 posts, read 2,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeamer View Post
Can anyone tell me a bit about the Virginia Village neighborhood in southeast Denver, please? It spans from Colorado Boulevard east to Holly between Evans and Mississippi. Thanks!
What sort of info are you looking for? I live in VV so here's what I can tell you off the top of my head. It's a quiet neighborhood, not much other than residential. Many of the houses are modest ranch houses. I'd call it a lower middle-class neighborhood although there are some nicer (fan-cee) houses closer to Cook Park.

There are a couple of parks, a library. There are a handful of restaurants along the more major streets, one coffee shop in the neighborhood (not even a Starbucks!). There's a Safeway right across CO Blvd, and then three King Soopers and two health food grocers right around the perimeter so no shortage of grocery stores.

There's one elementary school in the neighborhood, at least one preschool, and a specialty school for gifted kids but I'm not 100% on that. No middle/high schools directly in the neighborhood as far as I know so if you have older kids they might need to take a bus or get a ride to school because it might be too far to walk to the nearest school.

There's a health club and a rugby field directly north of VV in Glendale. The health club is supposed to be pretty nice. I think there's also a health club or tennis court near the Cook Park area on Monaco. There's a golf course a mile or two south of the nighborhood. Washington Park is not too far off from VV either. There's a Dave & Busters and a United Artists movie theater on Colorado/I-25. There are a handful of churches in the neighborhood as well.

CO Blvd is a nightmare. Quebec/Cherry Creek and Evans are the other major streets. A bunch of stores, restaurants, etc there. There's not much traffic inside the neighborhood, it's pretty quiet.

There's a light rail station with a park-n-ride on the corner of CO/I-25 so you can get to Littleton, Aurora, or downtown Denver fairly quick by rail if you happen to work there. There are buses that run along all the major streets too and one that runs through the neighborhood.

Overall pretty quiet, low key, not a lot of crime or anything like that here. I've lived here over a decade and have no complaints about the area.

Old 12-31-2015, 12:30 PM

20 posts, read 25,497 times
Thanks for the feedback!

Old 01-02-2016, 09:38 AM

4 posts, read 3,691 times
Definitely an up and coming neighborhood close to Cherry Creek. With the new expansion in Glendale, this area is only going to get better. Lots of restaurants, etc. are being added to the area. Krisana Park is definitely the highlight but there are solid ranch style homes throughout the area. Easy to get on I-25 off Evans Avenue, Colorado Blvd. north to I-70 and the airport, quick Uber to Cherry Creek for dining & shopping or downtown for sports, theatre and shopping. Also easy to travel south to the DU area for sports and restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver