Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 05:22 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,300,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Not State Farm. They are a joke when it comes claim time, using every trick in the book to deny a legitimate claim. They eventually paid when we threatened legal action.

They can't even get our vehicles policies right.
I've had State Farm for many years. Never had a problem with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 07:57 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
I've had State Farm for many years. Never had a problem with them.
Me too.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:57 AM

1,778 posts, read 2,887,037 times
As a long-time insurance agent and former "captive" Farmers agency owner, my recommendation is to look at independent agencies. These are folks who can obtain quotes from several companies who will compete for your business. Also, a "captive agent", i.e. Farmers, State Farm, AmFam, etc., has a legal fiduciary responsibility to their respective companies NOT the client. With an independent agent, that role is reversed. An independent represents the customer.

Last edited by Kar54; 01-23-2015 at 09:30 AM..

Old 01-23-2015, 12:02 PM

403 posts, read 759,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar54 View Post
As a long-time insurance agent and former "captive" Farmers agency owner, my recommendation is to look at independent agencies. These are folks who can obtain quotes from several companies who will compete for your business. Also, a "captive agent", i.e. Farmers, State Farm, AmFam, etc., has a legal fiduciary responsibility to their respective companies NOT the client. With an independent agent, that role is reversed. An independent represents the customer.
Totally accurate and the best advice on this thread. My grandfather, father, and then husband owned and operated an independent insurance agency for over 50 years in NYC and this is by far the fastest and easiest way to get quotes for your insurance.

Now that I am a real estate broker in CO, I get asked this question very often. My clients have had great success with Deven McAfee at Morrison Insurance Agency (303) 985-1576 or Jennifer Eleniewski at Creekside Insurance Agency (303) 838-8338.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:23 PM

123 posts, read 180,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliern View Post
My clients have had great success with Deven McAfee at Morrison Insurance Agency (303) 985-1576 or Jennifer Eleniewski at Creekside Insurance Agency (303) 838-8338.
Thanks!

Old 01-23-2015, 02:15 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,188,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Don't need to put your spouses name on your car. Ideally, you put your name on spouse's car, and spouse's name on your car. You'll never have to pay a photo radar ticket.
We own 3 vehicles currently registered here in Colorado and my husband's name is the only one on all of them, even my daily driver (I am not present when he purchases cars and it is a hassle to get the lien holder to change it). As you point out, "I" have never paid for a photo ticket, and there have been, umm, several. We just pay it and don't worry about the stuff on the back of the form to identify the correct driver (although I will now start doing that).

But, where this does get to be a problem is when you actually physically go in to register your car. My husband tried to get me to do it when we moved here, and I said "Well, I can't do it, because I don't own any of our cars". He thought I was full of B.S., but I was right. He had to leave work early to do it all himself.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:02 PM

123 posts, read 180,378 times
Any feedback about State Auto?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver