Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2006, 10:56 PM

207 posts, read 1,088,830 times

Advertisements

I grew up in the denver/aurora areas but haven't visited since leaving in 1992. I always wonder what happened to the areas I used to live in.

Specifically in Denver the neighborhood off of Colorado Blvd near the Park Hill Golf Club. What kind of area is this now? Some of the street names I remember are Ash St, Bellaire St, Birch St. Also, is there still a school called Knight Fundamental Academy and if so is it still a good school?

As for Aurora I am interested in the area around Dalton Elementary/Columbia Middle School. Eldorado Circle. I used to hang out at Hilltop Park all the time. What kind of area is that today, almost 15 years later?

Any info would be appreciated...I plan to visit for the first time since I left sometime next summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2006, 03:10 PM

Is no one familiar with the above areas?

Old 11-09-2006, 02:11 PM

15 posts, read 104,158 times
Default Just moved from that area

I just moved from that area a month ago. It has grown a ton since you left. It is mostly residential. I lived just off Dartmouth & Tower in a condo there. It is actually a nice area of Aurora. A lot of new Condo developements are out there now. You can drive several miles East of Tower and still be in developed residential areas.

It is very diverse and family oriented...but I didn't really feel like it was a tight community (people didn't seem to know their neighbors). I don't have kids so I can't really comment on the schools...but Dalton Elementary is still there...in a clean little neighborhod.

I would say this is a middle to upper middle class area and I never saw unkept/dirty/scary areas at all. The shopping centers on the four corners of the Tower/Hampden intersection have everything you need...very convenient. The commute to Denver is not fun but a new lightrail station opens up at Parker & I-225 in a week or so. This will make the commute out of Aurora much much better. There are a lot of little parks and a great greenbelt with a path that winds through this area and over to Quincy Resivoir. I don't think you would be dissapointed at how this area has evolved.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:40 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,341,634 times
My Cousins when to Dalton and Columbia and judging from them I can say these two schools are not very good. Generally the rest of Denver has a stigma against Aurora but I don't really want to get into that fight.

Knight Academy is located between Colorado and University on Exposition. It is a magnet for gifted and talented kids in Denver Public Schools. It seems to be a good school but I couldn't tell you much about their teaching philosophy.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:03 PM

2 posts, read 15,901 times
ATL-X I am currently relocating from ATL to Denver too! When are you planning to be there? Also, what are you reasons for leaving the ATL?

Old 11-12-2006, 06:41 PM

I'm not relocating from Atlanta to Denver. I actually live in Raleigh, NC. I used to live in the above mentioned areas of Colorado when I was younger and was just curious about them now. ALT-X refers to the vehicles I own, a Nissan Altima and a Nissan Xterra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: