Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 02:41 AM

37 posts, read 126,458 times

Advertisements

As far as Denver and Asthma goes... yes, we do have the best respiratory medical center in the country (National Jewish)

But whether or not you'll feel better depends on a lot of things.

You should have allergy skin tests done to see what kinds of pollens they might be allergic to. Pine can cause some people problems.

If they're highly allergic to mold, Denver will be good since it's very dry here. On the other hand, dry climates can irritate the respiratory system as well.

It will take you awhile to get used to the high altitude, but there are less particles polluting the air. It all kinda just depends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,060 times
Smile Moving to Denver from Phoenix

Hello to everyone. My family and I are moving to Denver in March. We are looking to rent a house for the first year to see if it will be a great fit for us. If so then we will buy a home, our first home.
We have a daughter which is 7 years old and loves to be outside and play sports. However that has been limited to the overwhelming heat down here. My wife has a brother and family whome just purchased a home last year and want us to move in with them for the first two months till we find a house and jobs.
I have been installing car audio for over 21 years in total. And have over 3 years of management experience. I have however had 3 years of home installation exp. as well.
First and formost the school district has to be very good. She currently is in the best elementary school in our area, because of the house we rent now. We have been in this same house for 2 years and have excellent rental history, but have no idea's where to land.
We have found several very nice homes in the Aurora/Cherry Creek area around the monthly price range we are looking to spend a month, which is about $1,200-1,400 a month for rent. We have never been there and have no sense of the living, and surrounding area's.
I know it will be a huge weather change going from 114 degree summer's, and the nice winter's with no snow, but we are ready for a change. We have lived here for 7 years, and want something new.
Thank you for your input and suggestions.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:54 PM

410 posts, read 1,293,305 times
Wow, you sound exactly like us! We've been in Gilbert for 7 years and hope to be relocating to Denver in April. (crossing fingers that our house sells soon!) We've honed in on Highlands Ranch, parts of Aurora, Centennial, and parts of Parker as where we will end up. We met a nice realtor there and she has taken us around a few times and we just love the area. She advised us to stay in the Douglas County or Cherry Creek School District, I've also heard that they have some Magnet schools that are excellent. Coming from Phoenix, I think you will love it! I'm nervous for the cold winters but I do enjoy cold and snow much more than heat, so I'm pretty sure I'll be ok. We were there over Thanksgiving and it was brrr cold (20's and teens) and it honestly wasn't that bad. There's something different about the cold there than here. Here sometimes 30 can feel frigid, but there it was balmy. Does make that sense?? And I was also there in September (remember when we were still around 110), it was about 75-80 and felt amazing. And then at night it was chilly but nice.
After a really nasty snowy day (which I kinda like), the next day it was full sun and cold and the snow was beautiful. I can't say enough good things about Denver and I don't even live there yet. Oh and guess what, I never saw a mangled ladder or sofa on the side of the road. :-)

Old 01-22-2008, 05:21 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,308,989 times
Yet another Zonie thinking about moving to Denver! [ mod cut ] Like I've said in the past, the Cherry Creek school district is good, but there's other good ones too. Some of the individual schools within CCSD are better than others. Where would you be working?

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-22-2008 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: Bashing is not permitted, starts needless flame wars.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
She currently is in the best elementary school in our area,
It would be difficult, if not impossible, to label one elementary school in this area as "the best" because there are literally hundreds of them in metro Denver. In your price range, you will find good schools.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:09 AM

23 posts, read 91,871 times
Default Moving from Phoenix

Hi all,
we are wanting to move out of Phx and are unsure what part of Co to relocate to.
Housing seems affordable in the Aurora & Denver areas.
What areas should we avoid in these parts?
If anyone from Phx has moved to either city, plz let me know how it is for you.
We are wanting to move out of Phx due to the hot weather & crime, and too over crowded.
Thanx in advance!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:30 AM

152 posts, read 617,843 times
If you tell me what kind of areas you liked in PHX I think i could probably find a comparable city in denver. I've lived in phx my whole life and just moved to denver 6 months ago.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:40 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,088,525 times
I am in Phoenix on business several times a year. South Aurora is favored by the locals and avoid Westwood, Athmar, Lincoln Park, Sun Valley, Montbello and some sections of Five Points in Denver. Crime is no where near what it is in Phoenix and folks here want to move into the city verse out of it like they do in Phoenix. Our downtown is extremely vibrant compared to downtown Phoenix and it may seem over crowded, but it will feel comfortable, safe and you will find tons to do culturally with the arts and sports.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:51 PM

127 posts, read 434,140 times
Wentworthy:

If you are able to make some trips out that way, it can really help you in your search. We have been making a couple of trips per year since 2006 and it has been really beneficial. What looked good on paper, had a different feel to it when you are actually visiting the exact location. Also, you always seem to find new area's that may peak your interest that you would have never known about unless you came out to visit. Good luck with your search.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:27 AM

9 posts, read 18,836 times
Default Moving To Denver From Phoenix. Where To Rent?

Hello, me and my fiance are transferring out to the Denver area from Phoenix and are in desperate need of help! We are looking to rent a house or duplex asap and have no clue where to look. I'm 30 and she is 25, we like to go out and enjoy ourselves on weekends, like to go to parks, movies, walks around the neighborhood, ect. For those familiar with Phoenix, were pretty much looking for an area comparable to Arrowhead area like 83rd ave and Bell. We want to live by shopping, restaurants, parks, bars, just fun stuff to do without driving all over town. Our budget is between $1,200-1,400 a month. But really would like to stay on the low end. So are there any areas around that we could find a rental house or duplex that's in a nice area for this? And where should we be looking? She will be working in Westminster and I'll be downtown, but we really don't need to be close. We just want a safe, nice area that will give us a great Denver experience for the two years that well be there! Also where is the best place to find rental houses online? All help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver