Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 09:25 AM

42 posts, read 123,420 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much for discussion. I really appreciate it. We are looking to buy a house. Probably 600000+. We will be close to St. Anthony Hospital. We are looking for all schools: elementary through high. I would prefer excellent school but I also would love a house with big yard and a nice view (these who have been in Houston probably will understand me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 09:29 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times
Select a few schools and then look for housing within their boundaries. You can try to opt into a specific school but it comes with risk and the transportation to and from school.

You will have your pick of large homes on large (for the area) lots.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:24 AM

556 posts, read 763,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by army_knife View Post
Thank you so much for discussion. I really appreciate it. We are looking to buy a house. Probably 600000+. We will be close to St. Anthony Hospital. We are looking for all schools: elementary through high. I would prefer excellent school but I also would love a house with big yard and a nice view (these who have been in Houston probably will understand me
If you're budget is $600,000 in the Lakewood/Littleton area, you're going find a nice home with a big yard near good schools. Nothing to worry about there.

It won't be as big as a house in that price range in Houston, but it will still be nice.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:44 AM

387 posts, read 638,161 times
With your price point, definitely look into Evergreen. Wonderful schools, top to bottom. Since St. Anthony's is on the western edge of Lakewood, the commute, even in bad weather, wouldn't been too much. Tons of wildlife, larger home lots, I think it might be just what you're looking for. There's one person, alliern, that posts here regularly and has the scoop on the area.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:53 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times
How do you feel about driving in snow?

Old 10-21-2015, 12:29 PM

42 posts, read 123,420 times
Again, thank you all who replied. Yes, we are used to driving in the snow: Colorado, Wyoming and Alaska to name a few

Old 10-21-2015, 10:11 PM

403 posts, read 759,516 times
Hi army_knife ~ when you say you'd like a large yard what does that mean for you? For the most part, a large lot in the western suburbs like Lakewood, Littleton, Golden, and Arvada will max out somewhere between 1/4 acre-1/2 acre in your price range. Views will primarily be suburban with maybe a hogback view. This very well may be exactly what you are looking for??? Schools in the area can have ratings that vary between elementary, middle and high school.

If you push a little further west into Evergreen like, ALStafford, recommended or into parts of mountain Morrison or Conifer, your commute to St. Anthony's will still be relatively easy between 20-40 minutes (depending on how far into these towns you go), the views open up and your property tends to be a bit larger (1 acre +). Schools are consistently highly rated from elementary through high school. I have three boys with one in elementary, one in middle and one in high school.

There are public, public charter, magnet, and private schools to choose from in the western suburbs of Denver. There are many choices when it comes to schooling. If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a DM thru this site. I'm happy to answer them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver