Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 01:25 PM

930 posts, read 700,571 times

Advertisements

Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails
Broncos win the Superbowl!!!-broncos.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 01:33 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Analyst View Post
Here you go.
Thanks for posting the pic. From the video I've seen, it looks like everyone out there is having a great time!!!

Old 02-09-2016, 01:37 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
That was fun! About 20 feet away from Peyton, Von, Demarcus, John, Gary, and Mrs. Bowlen.

We were at the NW corner of 17th & California. I'm reading on Twitter there was "well over" a million people downtown. Damn!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 02-09-2016 at 05:17 PM..

Old 02-09-2016, 02:33 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
I'll try to post more pics later, but this was insane! I didn't even know this many people lived here, Lol. What a great uplifting day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Analyst View Post
If you're in SE Denver/Aurora, I'd hit up the 83L bus or take the light rail in from Nine Mile Station. Parking and traffic is going to be absurd.
Thanks for the advice! I go to school downtown so I rode back to nine mile dropped my stuff at my car and went back. Best decision for sure!

Old 02-09-2016, 05:31 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
That was fun! About 20 feet away from Peyton, Von, Demarcus, John, Gary, and Mrs. Bowlen.
No offense, but that doesn't sound like too much fun. How she hasn't acquired botulism yet is beyond me.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:38 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,217,846 times
More pics please; living vicariously here!

I need to go watch it on 9news but the pics of the crowds that the Bronocs posted on FB were incredible!!

Old 02-11-2016, 09:05 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Before this thread slips any further, I want to comment a bit on a couple people who really deserve credit here.

One of the scarier moments I've seen watching a football game was watching Gary Kubiak with his eyes wide open, his hands covering his ears, and thencrumpling to the ground at halftime of the November 3, 2013 Sunday Night game against the Indianapolis Colts. Half of his team entered the locker room for half time and the other half were on the field looking back and seeing their head coach crumble to the ground. The NBC cameras covered it all. It was a sad sight. Kubiak later had been diagnosed with T.I.A. (Trans Iscemic Attack") It's as close to a stroke as you can have, the symptomology is a little different though.

Complicating this was Wade Philips was upstairs, doing his defensive coordinator work from the upstairs booth. There was little time, better yet no time for Wade to talk to the club as halftime is generally a 10 minute break (IIRC) It had been only a few weeks previous that one of the more colorful and revered head coaches in the NFL had passed away-his father O.A. "Bum" Philips. Wade tried what he could to hold the club together. They lost that night, the rest of the Houston Texans season was, to be polite, a train wreck. I can't imagine being in Gary's shoes that night. Or Wade's.

When John Elway signed Kubiak back this past winter I was hoping Kubiak would be able to handle the job of head coach again. I wondered if he would get another opportunity again. In the meanwhile Wade sat at home and didn't get a call for a job offer. At all. For all of last season he sat at home. A first for him. He has been a head coach for three different clubs (Denver, Buffalo, Dallas) and people forget the fact that he was an interim head coach not only for the Houston Texans after Kubiak was hospitalized, but he also served as interim coach for the New Orleans Saints after his dad suddenly resigned as head coach after week ten of the 1985 season. Wade finished the season. The next year Jim Mora replaced him.

John Elway, Gary Kubiak, and Peyton Manning all had received super bowl rings in the past. Wade finally was rewarded with one. Yes, this is his first ring. He waited 40 years for it.

I remember when Wade had his press conference regarding him being brought back to the Broncos organization, he simply stated, "Well, I'm kind of a lousy head coach but I'm a pretty good defensive coordinator."

He's more than just pretty good. He's the best assistant coach in the business.

I couldn't be any happier for two men as I am with these two men. Thanks to the both of them!

Old 02-11-2016, 09:35 PM

42 posts, read 39,867 times
EVeryone here in Carolina would love to give Broncos all the credit... if we all didnt believe thee Panthers absolutely **** the bed that game. I mean seriously Cam Newton looked like he was about to throw up... no performance at all from Olsen.. no celebrating from Cam.. he didnt even look confident. O line literally goofin all game long.. and of course the "not going for the fumble".

It was clear the lights were too bright for this team. Just thought Id share what we think from our side. And the fact we were still in that game despite all that.... you know. Im sure you all can understand why we think we lost it rather than yall won it.

But again, good go Denver. That team was Loooooooog overdo for a ring. I mean seriously everyone knows how great and consistent they are, but only two rings?! Unheard of. So atleast its three now.

Btw Im a Avs fan. So its still kinda a win for me. And losing to Mannings last season isnt the worse way to go.

Also all you Broncos fans were classy as ****. Even our radio guys were talking about that.
However... flying the Broncos flags on your cars in this city is a little much.. LOL

GG guys

Old 02-12-2016, 07:26 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,188,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post

John Elway, Gary Kubiak, and Peyton Manning all had received super bowl rings in the past. Wade finally was rewarded with one. Yes, this is his first ring. He waited 40 years for it.

I remember when Wade had his press conference regarding him being brought back to the Broncos organization, he simply stated, "Well, I'm kind of a lousy head coach but I'm a pretty good defensive coordinator."

He's more than just pretty good. He's the best assistant coach in the business.

I couldn't be any happier for two men as I am with these two men. Thanks to the both of them!
Same here. Kubiak was maligned for quite some time in Houston for his perceived conservative and unimaginative offenses, but the success this year throws that monkey off his back. People are still saying "Peyton can make anybody look good", but I think more and more people are even more critical than before of the Texans owner and terrible management, realizing they were a huge part of why Kubiak looked so bad in the past.

I think everyone is happy for Wade. A well deserved ring for a fantastic coaching career. Put a white cowboy hat on him, and he looks just like Bum now

Old 02-12-2016, 07:53 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,899 times
Celebration carries on until March...at the least.

If we feature the same offensive plan next season, I will watch my laundry until the defense gets back on the field.

Last edited by ColoGuy; 02-12-2016 at 08:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: