Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 04:42 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,834,812 times

Advertisements

A great opportunity
https://www.redfin.com/CO/Denver/523.../home/35062984
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 05:53 PM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,193,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianmedia View Post
I'm just saying there is enough opinion and data outside of this forum that supports Denver being a great place to live.
Being a dual income household is the ice cream sundae of situations as it pertains to buying a home or renting here in Denver. Dual income and no kids is just the cherry on top.

Moral of the story: Make a decent salary ($50k+/year), be in a relationship with someone who also makes decent money, and/or take on roommates for the most ideal opportunities to buy or rent in Denver Metro. All single folks who make a decent salary or less, the door's that-a way! ---->

Old 08-15-2016, 07:04 PM

511 posts, read 402,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQL View Post
I think it's cute when Denverites (Denverians?) compare their city to a world class powerhouse city or established resort town for the rich and famous, as if it holds a candle to them.
^
This. It's nice and all... but with the way income distribution / wages in this country work, you quickly get into territory where only a few of us could even dare ask for that kind of scratch. I'm an industrial/product designer, was a Sr. level at my last job, and $70k/yr. was really pulling it down. To imagine getting $100k/yr. in Denver is pretty much fantasy land. Maybe as a design/technical director. Other than Cxx positions, I don't know anyone who cracks much above $100k. I mean what ARE all the people in Denver doing to make that kind of scratch?

It's like those homebuyer shows. I see these dullards who consider themselves middle class buying dumps in Toronto for $750k! Apparently, everyone's a CEO, CFO, CMO, etc. at their own companies with no actual workers... either that or someone's giving 100 year term home loans out. Maybe I'm just an idiot, but looking at median incomes, I just don't get the economics of it.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:06 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,485,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Why is it bubble city? Do you have any data to back that up?
Yes and you can do your own homework. My buddy is in RE in Lakewood.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:12 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,897,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
^
This. It's nice and all... but with the way income distribution / wages in this country work, you quickly get into territory where only a few of us could even dare ask for that kind of scratch. I'm an industrial/product designer, was a Sr. level at my last job, and $70k/yr. was really pulling it down. To imagine getting $100k/yr. in Denver is pretty much fantasy land. Maybe as a design/technical director. Other than Cxx positions, I don't know anyone who cracks much above $100k. I mean what ARE all the people in Denver doing to make that kind of scratch?

It's like those homebuyer shows. I see these dullards who consider themselves middle class buying dumps in Toronto for $750k! Apparently, everyone's a CEO, CFO, CMO, etc. at their own companies with no actual workers... either that or someone's giving 100 year term home loans out. Maybe I'm just an idiot, but looking at median incomes, I just don't get the economics of it.
Holy *&^% I'm a C-level executive!???! Nobody told me!! I want a *&^%ing company car and a fully stocked liquor cabinet - PRONTO.

Now you do. I'm a Senior-level .Net developer. Nice to meet ya.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:14 PM
SQL

Quote:
I mean what ARE all the people in Denver doing to make that kind of scratch?
Dual-incomes help. Roommates help. Essentially, living with other people makes this market realistic and makes home affordability attainable. My GF lives in a posh apartment for $2500/month in Baker on a teacher's salary. The only way she's able to do it is to live with two roommates.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:18 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Yes and you can do your own homework. My buddy is in RE in Lakewood.
So based on your buddy''s expertise this market is a bubble? Huh.

I have done my own homework. We are not in a bubble.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:20 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,565,172 times
Quote:
^

C level is the only way to make $100K?

Try sales, engineering, legal, doctors, web developers, etc, etc, etc.....

Lots of jobs pay $100K

Old 08-15-2016, 07:22 PM
SQL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
So based on your buddy''s expertise this market is a bubble? Huh.

I have done my own homework. We are not in a bubble.
I mean, does anyone really know? Even the "greatest" financial minds couldn't predict the 2008-crisis until Mike Burry and a few others started betting against the banks. I can say that the probability is probably pretty high that nobody on this message board really has a clue, nor have they done the diligence to actually understand these highly complex markets.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:23 PM
SQL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post

Lots of jobs pay $100K
Interesting that the median per capita income isn't closer to $100k then, since there are so many of them out there. Maybe everyone's actually lying about that $30k/yr they claim to make, which is much closer to the median per capita income in this country/state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver