Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2017, 04:58 AM

48 posts, read 74,419 times

Advertisements

Hi guys!

What place would you prefer to live? In Conifer or Evergreen? What are the pros and cons of each community? What are the differences?

Thank you very much for your opinion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 09:40 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Using our search tool will find prior discussions of subject areas, here is just one example of what is already here in the forums.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:55 AM

Thank you for your answer. I know there are some threads indirectly relating to my questions but very often it takes so long to get the main information that's why I opened this thread, hoping for short and direct answers. But thank you for your tip!

Old 01-20-2017, 02:16 PM

80 posts, read 94,446 times
I think that decision really comes down to what one really is seeking. Conifer has changed a lot in the last 20 years and now there are two large supermarkets and more restaurants though Evergreen still has more. If you like to ski Evergreen is better access to the I70 corridor, summer I think being close to highway 285 is better as summer activities are better on that side than I70.

Probably the biggest difference is lifestyle; much of north Evergreen has public water and sewer so a lot of the homes there are on less than one acre. South of Evergreen Lake almost all homes are well and septic and that used to mean at least an acre of land (not sure what current regulations are which is why I am waffling here) so things are more spread out. The feel of the 285 corridor is more wide open, north Evergreen more city like though things are more convenient. As for Denver access both Evergreen and Conifer both have good access though if one is commuting to DTC or anywhere on the south end of town the commute will be better from Conifer. The real estate in Conifer is less expensive though some areas in Conifer get pounded with snow.

FYI, I lived in Evergreen from 1992 to 2016 with the first 3 years spent on the border of Evergreen/Conifer so did most of my commuting and shopping over on the Conifer side.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:37 PM

255 posts, read 200,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraBlum View Post
Thank you for your answer. I know there are some threads indirectly relating to my questions but very often it takes so long to get the main information that's why I opened this thread, hoping for short and direct answers. But thank you for your tip!
I think it helps when you post specifics about your situation, as in what you're looking for, price point, schools, etc. Asking for the pros/cons of an area is going to get you pretty generic responses not at all specific to you, which are already widely available on this site. I believe that is what Mike From Back East was implying. Sharing with us a little more about your requirements and wishes would help spur more of a specific discussion for you.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:36 AM

18 posts, read 25,886 times
I'm looking at moving back to the Denver area myself this summer, and have also been looking at both Evergreen and Conifer.

One thing to keep in mind if it's important to you or your work is Internet access. I'm in the IT field, and reliable wired (not wireless or satellite) broadband is a must for me to work remotely or from home.

From the research and info I've gotten thus far, it seems that Evergreen (particularly north Evergreen) has better Internet access than anywhere in Conifer. I've read posts on this forum and others that Internet access in Conifer can be dicey or unreliable at times, which rules it out for me. I have to be able to get online at any hour when I'm home to support my work, and I also need to use VPNs, which rules out satellite access because the latency can interfere with VPNs.

If Conifer was the same as Evergreen for Internet access, I'd probably go for Conifer just for the more rural feel and larger lots. It also seems you get more land/house for your money in Conifer.

So just be aware that if Internet access is at all important to you, you'll need to factor that into your search.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:37 PM

403 posts, read 1,324,907 times
I prefer the town of Evergreen over Conifer, but I would buy based on the home, land, distance to amenities, etc. Evergreen has a proper (albeit small) downtown, and it has two rec centers. The rec centers are what I would like to live closer to, as I have a young child who loves the pool. We lived in Bailey for years and would drive to Evergreen to swim, but the 45-50 min drive to Buchanan meant that we didn't go that often.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:42 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
Conifer gets my vote.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:44 AM

Thank you for all your feedback. Internet is also for us a very important issue because my husband and I are working mostly from home. We are in the Internet business so we strongly depend on a working Internet connection 24/7. Thank you for that tip!!! I will consider that point when we are searching for a home. Our kids get a private tutoring so the very good schools in Evergreen are not the reason why we consider this mountain community. Am I right that Evergreen has the bigger community than Conifer? That's my impression but must not be right. I also like the infrastructure in Evergreen, there are little shops as well as big chains very easy to reach. What's tricky for us is the rental market. We are searching for a house and the offer in Evergreen for rentals is sobering but I'm waiting for spring. I was told that's the time when more houses for sale and rent will pop up on the market. Makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver