Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2017, 10:12 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,287,018 times

Advertisements

I have T-mobile for years and it's expensive at $80 for two lines plus taxes/fees making it $93 per month.
I see Metro PCS that uses the same network has two lines with data for $60 including fees and taxes plus they are offering two free phones (not high end but decent 5" screen smartphones) when switching.
Now the main concern is service/signal.
How worse is it when compared against T-mobile?
Can someone who has gone from T-mobile to Metro share experience?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 11:27 AM

1,613 posts, read 3,241,226 times
The signal is going to be the same, they are the same company at this point (as far as network is concerned) but t-mobile traffic takes precedence over metro users. Meaning, if a tower is really congested, metro users are going to be impacted first.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
The signal is going to be the same, they are the same company at this point (as far as network is concerned) but t-mobile traffic takes precedence over metro users. Meaning, if a tower is really congested, metro users are going to be impacted first.
Well that's in the paper so I wanted to see if what real users think of it.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:53 PM

760 posts, read 884,270 times
I had T Mobile and it was awful.

No service anywhere west of Denver, into the foothills and beyond. It was decent 3G if you stayed on 70, but go a mile or two off and you went right to 1X, more than 5 miles and you had no service.

T Mobile also had a massive data dead zone between Aurora and Denver. If I was driving down Colfax or I70 between Airport and Central, my phone(s) would brick up, and have no connection throughout that entire region. If I was making a phone call anywhere in the metro, I would get these ear piercing screeches every 3-5 mins that would disrupt the call for a few moments.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Ski View Post
I had T Mobile and it was awful.

No service anywhere west of Denver, into the foothills and beyond. It was decent 3G if you stayed on 70, but go a mile or two off and you went right to 1X, more than 5 miles and you had no service.

T Mobile also had a massive data dead zone between Aurora and Denver. If I was driving down Colfax or I70 between Airport and Central, my phone(s) would brick up, and have no connection throughout that entire region. If I was making a phone call anywhere in the metro, I would get these ear piercing screeches every 3-5 mins that would disrupt the call for a few moments.
Interesting.
I have T-mobile since last 5 years and it has no signal in the mountains but never had issues like yours in Denver area.
I've worked in Centennial, Aurora, downtown, Boulder and there were few areas where data didn't get downloaded but phone worked.

Verizon is obviously better but that's also a lot more expensive and I'm trying to go down on monthly payment.
In fact, Verizon has $80 plan for two phones with 12gb data but I only need data on one line and that's also less than 2gb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver