Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 02:07 PM

242 posts, read 251,049 times

Advertisements

I haven’t really had issues dating here, in a relationship going on 2 years now. That said, I’m originally from a tiny town so anything is better than that. When I lived in California dating was awesome. It was easy to go way above my league and everyone was super friendly. I never got serious then because I knew I was leaving.

It’s definitely a little tougher to meet people here but I wouldn’t say it’s hard work or anything.

Old 06-03-2018, 03:30 PM

29 posts, read 37,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
30's single male here. I've lived in 9 states, and several major cities (Chicago, Pittsburgh, LA, Salt Lake, Dallas, Austin). I've had complaints about all those cities. So when I got a job and transferred here, I was stoked. Finally, in a place that just seems perfrect me.

Well...I've been here 13 months and I'm a bit speechless at how hard it has been here. In all the aforementioned cities, I made friends within the first 3 months. Dating, no problem. Irritating in some places but not a problem. Example. I ripped Pittsburgh as they tend to not date outsiders, despite that, I did date a few woman, they were all transplants since PA girls wouldn't date an outsider, but they were dates nonetheless. Dallas, as long as I had a nice car and apmt, I was a catch. Men out number woman there, but I was able to compete. It was work, but again, the illusion of money was all it took. SLC? Man, zero effort, girls swarmed me like bees to honey. I'm not the best looking guy but they made me feel like a rock start.

Then I got to Denver. Didn't expect SLC, but expected Dallas (a tough grind) Immediately put in the work. Results? Nope. Nada. zip. Zilch. Not one phone number. Nothing. I can't even make a ****ing friend here. I'm a die hard Rockies fan, hockey fan, have gone to language meetups, hiking meetups, singles meetups, costume parties, transplant parties, nothing. Nobody (transplant nor native) in this city wants to be anywhere near me. So much, I'm starting to wonder if I smell. Never had an issue like this. This city is cold as ice and I can't figure out why or how. Did not see this coming. Totally blind sided me. In all my visits to Colorado, I never missed an opportunity to tell Utahans how much better CO was than them. Now 13 months later, I'm stunned. No way I'd go back to Utah, but I have to say I won't be scoreboarding on any city vs Denver anytime soon. It really sucks that making friends or dating is so tough here because that's really my only complaints about living in Denver. Well, that and the high rent, lol.
That’s the one thing that scares me about moving there. Not being able to make friends and the dating scene. The dating is horrible where I am now, guys not really wNting to commit and such. Has it gotten any better for you??

Old 06-03-2018, 05:52 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,807,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillr View Post
That’s the one thing that scares me about moving there. Not being able to make friends and the dating scene. The dating is horrible where I am now, guys not really wNting to commit and such. Has it gotten any better for you??
FYI - It was a combination of both factors. Lazy guys who don't want to commit and girls who know the numbers are on their side and very picky. It's not a good thing.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:50 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,550,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
FYI - It was a combination of both factors. Lazy guys who don't want to commit and girls who know the numbers are on their side and very picky. It's not a good thing.
That doesn’t make sense. If there a ton of lazy guys who don’t want to commit, it would seem that the serious ones have the odds stacked in their favor. What am I missing?

Old 06-04-2018, 02:19 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,694,910 times
I don't really get how the dating scene for Men is so bad here. It seems like a constant complaint and it doesn't really make too much sense to me. I'm gay so maybe I just don't understand, but there's way less of us and I feel like there are still many options. Surely dating for men can't be that complicated?

Old 06-04-2018, 07:04 AM

5,349 posts, read 5,125,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I don't really get how the dating scene for Men is so bad here. It seems like a constant complaint and it doesn't really make too much sense to me. I'm gay so maybe I just don't understand, but there's way less of us and I feel like there are still many options. Surely dating for men can't be that complicated?
Here's the thing, there's a lot of attractive females here, but, most every one of them I meet is already in a relationship. I've met about 5 so far at my apartment, all of them while they were with their boyfriends. At my volleyball league, the coed teams are guys with their girlfriends. At work, most all are in a relationship. There simply are not many single ladies out walking around looking to meet guys.

It was like the fraternity I was in at college in the Springs. What other place in the US has a coed college fraternity where half the females are married and most of the guys were single??? I went to alumni events every other month for about a year after graduating then quit because it was new faces every time and it was always older married people.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:11 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,550,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Here's the thing, there's a lot of attractive females here, but, most every one of them I meet is already in a relationship. I've met about 5 so far at my apartment, all of them while they were with their boyfriends. At my volleyball league, the coed teams are guys with their girlfriends. At work, most all are in a relationship. There simply are not many single ladies out walking around looking to meet guys.

It was like the fraternity I was in at college in the Springs. What other place in the US has a coed college fraternity where half the females are married and most of the guys were single??? I went to alumni events every other month for about a year after graduating then quit because it was new faces every time and it was always older married people.
But they had to get in these relationships at some point, right? Unless they are all dating their high school/college boyfriends still and that seems exceedingly rare.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:33 AM

5,349 posts, read 5,125,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
But they had to get in these relationships at some point, right? Unless they are all dating their high school/college boyfriends still and that seems exceedingly rare.
The issue though is it's not symmetrical for guys. There's plenty of single guys at all those things (except the volleyball). I don't think it's a Mormon Utah situation where everyone marries at 21, I just think there's more guys here.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:45 AM

1,849 posts, read 1,807,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
That doesn’t make sense. If there a ton of lazy guys who don’t want to commit, it would seem that the serious ones have the odds stacked in their favor. What am I missing?
Have you tried Google? This pops up immediately: Denver Named Worst City for Dating 2017 | Westword

Old 06-04-2018, 10:44 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,194,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
Have you tried Google? This pops up immediately: Denver Named Worst City for Dating 2017 | Westword
Did you bother to read it before you linked it? It says that Denver is the worst because the men are so lazy and passive, and explicitly says it's NOT because the numbers are unbalanced.

Quote:
Denver is the worst city for dating in 2017 because too many Mile High City men make little or no effort when it comes to what they're doing, where they're going or how they dress, speak or act during such outings. In general, these lazy slackers would just as soon hang out with their bros than treat a date like she's special. And while this behavior exasperates plenty of women, most of these potential partners let them get away with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver