Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 08:23 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
Don't thank me. Thank Dale's Pale Ale which I am drinking right now down here in Texas! I'm trying to relate to my captors and understand them more deeply by reliving the basement ordeal from their perspective. They were drinking copious amounts of this.
Yew'd better watchout, the eyes of Texas are upon yew.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 08:29 PM

937 posts, read 743,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Yew'd better watchout, the eyes of Texas are upon yew.
I've been following all the rules down here! I promise!

Old 10-03-2019, 09:16 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,702,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
I was driven to an undisclosed locale in Capitol Hill in a roof racked Subaru that smelled of dog. I was forced into an unfinished basement with a swamp cooler by a lot of bearded plaid shirted men with excited barking dogs. They were downing craft beers and one ate a magic mushroom. Husky voiced, dread locked women in rock climbing garb spun me around blindfolded with a Broncos bandana and sang taunting Texas songs. I drove into town the day before with Texas tags.

The same will happen to you from CA! They bait you here with the close up photoshopped pics of the mountains!!! Don't come!!
That description better fits western WA and maybe OR. But but butbutbut were the dogs the ones downing craft beers?

Old 10-03-2019, 09:24 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
That description better fits western WA and maybe OR. But but butbutbut were the dogs the ones downing craft beers?
No. The dogs were the ones playing poker. I know. I seen the pickture.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-03-2019, 09:35 PM

937 posts, read 743,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
I was forced to take a bite of the man’s magic mushroom and can’t recall.

Old 10-04-2019, 09:04 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I didn't know dave got a tattoo.
That is actually Mike from Back East. Dave is the other guy.

Old 10-04-2019, 09:06 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
OP, I am from California. I never had any issues and I was welcomed with opened arms.

Old 10-04-2019, 09:31 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,702,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
No. The dogs were the ones playing poker. I know. I seen the pickture.
Huh, I done seen it, too. The dogs was smokin stogies, right?

Old 10-05-2019, 07:31 AM

541 posts, read 394,388 times
So many others already moved to Denver and priced me out, so I'm not there to slash your tires. Good thing I'm not there. You're safe.

I wouldn't anyway, of course, and think it's great that we can all make our own decisions and move wherever we want. And honestly I wish you all the best.

The affordable and less crowded Denver that I loved back in the 80s is no longer appealing to me, mostly because of high real estate prices. We scratched the idea of moving back and retiring there after taking a look. We knew where we live is nice, but home for me never looked so good, until started looking around at other options.

It's a great climate and pretty nice city too (love those mountains too), so I have to admit that I'm a little envious of those who are moving and saying, "Wow look at the great house I can get for my money here.".

Old 10-05-2019, 08:43 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,196,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
OP, I am from California. I never had any issues and I was welcomed with opened arms.
From other people that are also from CA?

I'm calling BS on that- it sure would not be long-term residents or natives "with open arms" (from what I have heard about).

Last edited by LHS79; 10-05-2019 at 09:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver