Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 07:49 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakparkhockey View Post
If anyone on here has feedback, we are now also thinking we may look into Denver itself as well, I know we will get less house for our money (up to 700K) I have heard from a fried that our kids would do well at South HS (my husband went there) Anyone have ideas about Denver neighborhoods, even outside of South area?
How much house do you need? Bare minimum sq/ft, BRs, BAs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2020, 07:50 AM

15 posts, read 14,662 times
We have 2 teenagers, one who is 2 years away from college. I would ay minimum 3 bedroom with finished basement for guests. We now have a 2400 sq ft house in a Chicago suburb, with a smallish yard

Old 09-04-2020, 08:12 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
We have 2 teenagers, one who is 2 years away from college. I would ay minimum 3 bedroom with finished basement for guests. We now have a 2400 sq ft house in a Chicago suburb, with a smallish yard
South High is slim pickings. Cory-Merrill has a few homes in your price range as does Baker.

If you move a little further south to Thomas Jefferson zoned schools, you could likely choice into South High. That opens up University Hills and Wellshire neighborhoods.

Old 09-04-2020, 08:43 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
If you’re open to the idea of living on a busy street, University Blvd, you can live on the edge of Washington Park, walking distance to South HS and to the shops on Gaylord as well as to the park.

I really think any neighborhood in the South High boundary will be fine.

You may also want to consider East High and Thomas Jefferson.

Old 09-04-2020, 09:15 AM

824 posts, read 705,784 times
a home adjacent to a busy street could come significant discount. If the noise and security are not an issue?
have an experenced structural engineer evaluate the purchase before closing.
Denver dosnt do snow removal on the side streets and alley ways
verify the side walks are in good condition

Old 09-04-2020, 11:56 AM

15 posts, read 14,662 times
tHanks, this is all good information to have. NO busy streets here, we lived on Alameda in Baker many years a go and would never do it again. I have this feeling we have to look at the suburbs again, and hope to find a place that we fit into.

Old 09-04-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
tHanks, this is all good information to have. NO busy streets here, we lived on Alameda in Baker many years a go and would never do it again. I have this feeling we have to look at the suburbs again, and hope to find a place that we fit into.
Southglenn area in Centennial is nice. Downtown Littleton even nicer, in my opinion as it feels more small town then suburban and is accessible to downtown Denver via light rail. LPS has three very good High Schools to choose from.

Old 09-04-2020, 01:36 PM

2,282 posts, read 3,079,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Southglenn area in Centennial is nice. Downtown Littleton even nicer, in my opinion as it feels more small town then suburban and is accessible to downtown Denver via light rail. LPS has three very good High Schools to choose from.
Yeah. I'm right by Southglenn, which is right by South Suburban Ice Arena. Bonus is it's a straight shot up University to the nicer hoods in Denver and up near downtown (or straight up Broadway), or straight east on Arapahoe to I-25/Denver Tech Center area. I'm in the 80122 and it's Littleton Public Schools, which are great (my little one is currently in Sandburg Elementary). Great trails and parks near by (Cherry Knolls, DeKoevand, etc). I do also like the downtown Littleton area but don't think the schools quite as highly rated over there, which is why we ended up by Southglenn. Old Littleton does have great character, however.

Old 09-04-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooBanana View Post
Yeah. I'm right by Southglenn, which is right by South Suburban Ice Arena. Bonus is it's a straight shot up University to the nicer hoods in Denver and up near downtown (or straight up Broadway), or straight east on Arapahoe to I-25/Denver Tech Center area. I'm in the 80122 and it's Littleton Public Schools, which are great (my little one is currently in Sandburg Elementary). Great trails and parks near by (Cherry Knolls, DeKoevand, etc). I do also like the downtown Littleton area but don't think the schools quite as highly rated over there, which is why we ended up by Southglenn. Old Littleton does have great character, however.
Agreed. Southglenn area is great. Good places to eat, easy access to just about any grocery store one could possibly want, shopping, library, movie theater, trails, Goodson Rec Center, nice parks, Southglenn Country Club (not as fancy as it sounds) and good schools and you’re right, the ice arena is right there.

Old 09-04-2020, 03:45 PM

6,813 posts, read 9,357,536 times
I'm not sure about the hockey situation, but what about the Green Mountain section of Lakewood? There are parts that are a bit bland and suburban, but I live near it and frequent some businesses there and it always strikes me as a nice, safe, maybe not overly flashy, place to live with nice selection of housing stock (a lot of it mid century, but some newer sections and developments as well). In terms of political climate, it's not Boulder, but it's also not Douglas County and generally seems fairly "live and let live" to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver