Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 11:55 PM

6 posts, read 3,698 times

Advertisements

Amazing photographs capturing southeast Aurora. Thank you for sharing them.

Question for you and the community here. I will be relocating to the Denver metro area for work until about the second week of May for approximately 3 1/2 months. I want to be based in a city that has the easiest access and shortest distance to the major interstate highways and roadways. I will be driving throughout the region to different cities while I am there working with different businesses and industries. I was thinking about being based in Denver. Because I really can be based anywhere however i’d rather not be sitting in traffic every morning driving from one city to the other.

I know there really is not any traffic compared to where I lived for the last seven years Los Angeles and Orange county California. I also lived in New York City and about 5 miles from Boston Massachusetts area, driving throughout Massachusetts and New England. Because of this I know the contrast is like night and day. I do love mountain views. Colorado is one of my top, most favorite states. I’ve lived in approximately 50 major cities throughout the years, 3 to 4 months on average for work.

The only other time I’ve been to Colorado was about 15 years ago and I lived in and was based in Castle Rock for an event that I was working on in Colorado Springs my other associate was based in the springs. This time the project I am working on will be happening in Denver. I imagine that I will have at the most a dozen or so meetings in Colorado Springs. Most of my meetings will probably be within a 40 mile radius of Denver or so. I was also thinking about the DTC area.

I really do love the mountains and I feel and believe that with this being winter season with the mountains being covered with snow it will be really inspiring to experiencing it as much as I can, daily. When I was last in Colorado it was summertime. What is your opinion of where you think, Feel it would be best for me to be based knowing that I will be driving throughout the region?

My seven-year-old dog will be coming with me of course. I am thinking that we will most probably be getting an Airbnb place.

Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 10:53 AM

4,031 posts, read 2,717,319 times
This was a great post with fun pictures. I lived near there a few years ago, and it was fun to scroll through and say, "I know that!"

Sadly, Johnny's Diner is closed, and it was a place I'd always meant to try out and just never found the time. I should've done it.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:55 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
This was a great post with fun pictures. I lived near there a few years ago, and it was fun to scroll through and say, "I know that!"

Sadly, Johnny's Diner is closed, and it was a place I'd always meant to try out and just never found the time. I should've done it.
Lots of the photographed places are closed now.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:31 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
I grew up right there. Lots of time at the Barn Store and Johnny’s Diner.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:13 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,689 times
Johnny's Diner is a Dunkin' Donuts now.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:42 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
It was really, really good. I don't know how they didn't make it, I heard that they got behind on rent or taxes (or something to that effect).

Old 01-15-2018, 07:42 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
It was really, really good. I don't know how they didn't make it, I heard that they got behind on rent or taxes (or something to that effect).
I don't know any details about that specific place, but I keep hearing about so many small independent restaurants and small businesses have been losing their leases because landlords decide to get greedy when it's renewal time and they can't afford the location any more

I just saw that Mataam Fez on Colfax is facing that and shutting down after over 40 years. They hope to find a new location but who knows if they'll be able to make that happen

Mataam Fez Will Close in January on Colfax Avenue But Could Reopen Elsewhere | Westword

Old 01-18-2018, 06:29 AM

3 posts, read 2,452 times
I love it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver