Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 12:42 PM

118 posts, read 445,023 times

Advertisements

Im looking for information on finding the right area for my family and I to move to.

Im having alot of problems picking the right area.

We have been looking at highlands Ranch ( but have a feeling the HOA and the houses being so close would not be something we are happy with) We do however LOVE the idea of all the rec centers for the kids

I would like to find an area that has new schools/ ranked very good

I want to have a little room to breath between my neighbors and I ... Im thinking of a new house or a house about 2-3 years old on some land ....maybe even horses allowed ........my daughter has always wanted a horse.

I dont really want to come off snobby cuz honestly Im not, but we tend to live in affulant areas where everthing is new and upkept and Im looking to find something similar.

The one area I seen was like called south lands shopping center which I liked, but I also learned its in Aurora and heard its not such a great area, and dont prefer to live there. I liked that there was some water there though becuase even though a small reservoir its still water and I would love to be near water

i know Im asking alot

Good new schools new shopping centers land and new housing that allows a horse near water lol lol

anyone honestly have any suggestions for me???? does such a place even exist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 12:41 PM

34 posts, read 117,090 times
There are some ranchett type of developments in Frank town and Centennial. My in laws live there and you have plenty of space, shopping is very close and the schools are very good. The town of parker is just a few minutes away and the schools are better.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:57 PM

38 posts, read 207,176 times
Southlands is a GREAT area. Don't be afraid of it. Aurora definitely has some bad areas but it is a HUGE city and Southlands is not near anything bad. I think it's really nice and probably a good match for you. My good friends and my sister and brother-in-law live there. I live and hour north but I always love visiting and would love to move there. I don't know that you could find a place with a lot of land - especially enough for horses - immediately next to Southlands but there are definitely some new and large homes in the area. The shopping is great and there are lots of recreational opportunities there.

Another area that came to my mind is Broomfield. It's north of Denver but it's really nice. I work in Westminster which is just next to Broomfield. Between Broomfield and Westminster there are TONS of recreational opportunities and a million things to do. The very north part of Broomfield is new and growing. It's north of Denver though so I'm not sure that will work for you. Do you have a job already that you're trying to be close to?

Old 07-23-2008, 06:05 PM

38 posts, read 207,176 times
I keep trying to add to my message but it keeps getting deleted. I also wanted to add that Parker (which was also mentioned in the post before me) is also a good place to look. I have family friends who live in the Pinery and it's an awesome neighborhood. The front of their house faces a lake and the back a golf course. Their lot is HUGE. They're about 15 minutes from Southlands. Parker is also growing like crazy and I'm sure you could find something you like there.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:49 AM

39 posts, read 148,700 times
We too first started looking 10yrs ago at HR and now are so glad we didn't. We also are used to living in "nicer" areas. My 2 cents is check out Castle Rock and Parker's nicer areas.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:40 AM

27 posts, read 43,355 times
With good schools and shopping being important, I would second the area around Southlands (Aurora or Centennial). We have been in this general area of town for 20+ years (bought here specifically because of Cherry Creek School District) and have never had second thoughts.

Parker is also a nice area, that is growing rapdily. My sister has been in the Castle Rock for 10 years and loves it.

Do not be afraid of Aurora, just look in the parts that are in the CCSD. They have a nationally recognized parks and recreation department with parks, pools, etc. all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver