Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 02:16 AM

274 posts, read 627,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I rented a Focus a couple years ago. Better than the PT but still had issues. The auto-gain on the radio randomly messed with the volume and the driver's seat cushion progressively compacted over a drive, causing me to sink into it enough that I constantly had to adjust my rear view mirror. This on a car with all of 15k miles on it. I know rentals have hard lives, but come on. My wife's friend owned one and they had issues too with things breaking that should have been recalled but Ford just shined them on. Their next car was a Camry.
Referring to quality...Didn't Toyota have the largest recall in US history?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 02:20 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,463,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Want_Snow View Post
Referring to quality...Didn't Toyota have the largest recall in US history?
Would you rather a company fix the problem or deny, deny, deny until the government forces them?

Old 08-31-2008, 02:32 AM

I guess growing up in Michigan the mentality on buying American is different. Everyone drove American cars and Harley's for bikes.

Lets just say that we agree to disagree. Thanks everyone for debating with me on this... it really helped me get by my 12 hr shift sitting in a Network Operations Center staring at our monitoring screen waiting...and waiting...and waiting for an issue to happen, but no issue tonight!! LOL

As long as you have a passion for cars as I do, even if it's Foreign, I ain't mad at ya... got nothin' but love for ya!!

Old 08-31-2008, 07:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Would you rather a company fix the problem or deny, deny, deny until the government forces them?
That's what a recall usually is, unless it is 'voluntary'. I am from western Pennsylvania, my father worked in the steel industry for his entire career. I had the same issues. However, we had a lemon of a Chevy Malibu and it soured us on American cars. Now that my father has moved on, so to speak, he can look down from heaven and understand, LOL!

BTW, I had a Ford Fiesta once. It was not an American car; it was imported from Germany. Mine was a lemon.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:37 AM

58 posts, read 397,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get out of my way View Post
If you need 425 hp, it better be for towing something! 150 - 250 should do fine. Sadly, the 2 V6 Charger models get better mileage, and more hp then my Explorer. But my Explorer is paid off .

I am thankful that I live in America where I can choose what to drive and when. Yup I have more than 425 hp in my daily driver and its even an old car, I guess I dont have to worry about your screen name in my 1972 Buick. Ahhh 472 ci that runs on pump gas and is a daily driver.

And when it snows we wont talk about the Dodge Ram v-10 4x4

Old 08-31-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastway57 View Post
I am thankful that I live in America where I can choose what to drive and when. Yup I have more than 425 hp in my daily driver and its even an old car, I guess I dont have to worry about your screen name in my 1972 Buick. Ahhh 472 ci that runs on pump gas and is a daily driver.

And when it snows we wont talk about the Dodge Ram v-10 4x4
Nothing like DETROIT MUSCLE!!!!

Old 08-31-2008, 08:02 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Many Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans are built here in the U.S. Even Mercedes and BMW build cars here. The problem is union labor and uninspired designs. Not the country of origin. BTW, I drive a Jeep, but if Toyota still made the real FJ40, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Pilot1; 08-31-2008 at 08:41 AM..

Old 08-31-2008, 08:10 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
It doesn't mean anything anymore. US cars being built in Mexico, Japanese cars being built here in the US. I do know Unions have shot the Big 3 in the A$$. Unions have a way of bringing their own Company to it's knees with extortion type demands of out of control wages and benefits. Those plants are moving to Mexico where they can get away from Unions. I drive a new BMW and F 350 among the other ones that make my driveway look like a car lot The more expensive cars like the 350 have been great for me but if Toyota had a big oil burner it might be sitting out front instead

I used to feel the American camaraderie until it quit making sense because if I buy a lower priced sedan it probably has at least parts of it made in Mexico.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:12 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,506,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimomof2 View Post
I guess coming from MI, the "automotive capital" is why I ask this question. I have been here a couple of months and love it. I just can not believe how many Toyota's, Honda's etc. I would say at least 8 out of 10. I know automotive is not the industry here, but I can see why MI economy is horrible. GM, Chrysler or Ford for me!

Just a little vent.
American cars fall apart. Japanese cars don't. Is this news?

Old 08-31-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogandtoad View Post
American cars fall apart. Japanese cars don't. Is this news?
Funny... NONE of my American cars have EVER fallen apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver