Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2007, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 12,751 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are considering moving from Maine to Colorado within the year. We have friends at Stapleton and are seriously considering it, but we're wondering are there other similar planned communities in the greater Denver area. We liked the layout of Stapleton, but would like to consider other options when we visit again in May. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 08:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
There is Highlands Ranch, if you like suburbia. There is a wealth of information about it on this forum.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:42 AM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Most of the newer construction is in a master planned community of one sort or another. Stapleton is closely related to Lowry, they are both close to each other and highly popular for city living.

All of the suburbs have similar communities - either in amentities, schools, shopping, or density.

What do you like? What do you not like? Is there a commute in your future? What is important to you in the new community.

HR is a city sized subdivision. You also might like Lone Tree or South Shore or Bradburn or Belmar or...

Old 04-12-2007, 04:20 PM

2 posts, read 12,751 times
Default Planned Community

2BinDenver:
I think we found Stapleton appealing for its sensible planning--parks, open space, etc--but I think what my wife liked most was how easy it seemed to be to meet people. We have two children--ages 9 and 6--and we're looking for a community where my wife, who's giving up lifelong friends--can easily develop a network of friends, and where our children can do the same, in a good educational environment. So: like anyone else, goods schools, access to parks and trails, plus a community where we can make that transition.

I"m sure it's possible to find this in the suburbs around Denver, but ... we're thinking a master planned community like Stapleton might fit the bill, too. Communities that perhaps you mentioned at the end of your post?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:16 PM

739 posts, read 2,949,334 times
if you like stapleton, you should love lowry as well. they are very close to each other and trees are slightly more mature... If you like closeness and meeting people easily, I would recommend some of the city neighborhoods where there are things easily walkable. I'll souind like a broken record to some on the forum, but I think Wash (Washington) Park is great for meeting your neighbors, outdoor activities and walkable amenities.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
My nephew and his family lived in Lowry for a while. I was not impressed. They rented some sort of apt that was large but mostly stairs. From the balcony, you looked out onto everyone else's backside. It seemed quite dense to me. I don't know if it was a "meet your neighbors" area. They only lived there a few months. On the other hand, they lived in Wash Park a couple years and did meet some of the neighbors.

My family has lived in Louisville for many years, two different houses, and we know/knew many of our neighbors. So I guess it's not the type of housing that makes a neighborhood friendly. Just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver