Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 09:09 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
May I ask what it is you don't like about Mark Levin's radio show? While I've never heard him on the radio, I read and really liked his book, "Liberty and Tyranny."
He does not discuss things, he just rants and raves. He comes off like a lunatic and makes conservative look bad. He calls everyone an idiot. He claims that all liberal or democrats (every one of them) are stupid, low I.Q. only conservatives can have any intellectual capacity at all (while I tend to agree wiht conservatives more often, I know many people who are eteremly intelligent and very liberal). He tries coninually to prove things that are obviously not true. He cuts off people or hangs up on them if they do anything but tell him that he is a god. He spends most of his radio show discussing how great, powerful, or well thought of he is, or how he cleverly called some event ahead of time (usually something patently obvious). He takes positions so extreme that most of what he says ends up extended to the absurd. He is rude and nasty for no reason at all. He rarely says anything new, thought provoking or meaningful, he just spews the same dogma over and over and over. Did I mention extemely arrogant and concieted?

He also has a very annoying voice, but I would not let that bother me if he had something meaningful to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 04:02 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
He does not discuss things, he just rants and raves. He comes off like a lunatic and makes conservative look bad. He calls everyone an idiot. He claims that all liberal or democrats (every one of them) are stupid, low I.Q. only conservatives can have any intellectual capacity at all (while I tend to agree wiht conservatives more often, I know many people who are eteremly intelligent and very liberal). He tries coninually to prove things that are obviously not true. He cuts off people or hangs up on them if they do anything but tell him that he is a god. He spends most of his radio show discussing how great, powerful, or well thought of he is, or how he cleverly called some event ahead of time (usually something patently obvious). He takes positions so extreme that most of what he says ends up extended to the absurd. He is rude and nasty for no reason at all. He rarely says anything new, thought provoking or meaningful, he just spews the same dogma over and over and over. Did I mention extemely arrogant and concieted?

He also has a very annoying voice, but I would not let that bother me if he had something meaningful to say.
Eeeeew! Sounds like Michael Savage!

Amazing that Levin wrote such an intelligent, thoughtful book, with an attitude like that. But, its been a while since I read it. Maybe it warrants a second skim...might have second thoughts.

Thanks for the response.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:55 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,907,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Eeeeew! Sounds like Michael Savage!

Amazing that Levin wrote such an intelligent, thoughtful book, with an attitude like that. But, its been a while since I read it. Maybe it warrants a second skim...might have second thoughts.

Thanks for the response.
Levin's good entertainment. He's Donald Duck personified.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:22 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
Quote:
A) Apparently there is a market for such rants. Get rich - become a preacher! Dogma sells, no matter the subject. Market to millions, sell thousands.
B) I heard on "liberal" radio that he authors Hannity's books.
C) I have wondered why he pronounces his name differently from other Levins.
D) I have wondered if ranters like he and Savage (whose real name is Weiner) have some personal issues. This could account for their "styles".

Old 05-21-2011, 04:18 AM

1,900 posts, read 5,907,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
A) Apparently there is a market for such rants. Get rich - become a preacher! Dogma sells, no matter the subject. Market to millions, sell thousands.
B) I heard on "liberal" radio that he authors Hannity's books.
C) I have wondered why he pronounces his name differently from other Levins.
D) I have wondered if ranters like he and Savage (whose real name is Weiner) have some personal issues. This could account for their "styles".
Levin ghostwriting Hannity's books sounds plausible. I don't know how Hannity would have the time to write a book.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:05 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,065,523 times
Quote:
He does not discuss things, he just rants and raves.
When was the last time you heard a private radio talk show host seriously discuss an issue? I don't know every host in the country, but the last one I liked was David Newman. The rest seem incapable of intellectual discourse IMHO.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:19 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
When was the last time you heard a private radio talk show host seriously discuss an issue? I don't know every host in the country, but the last one I liked was David Newman. The rest seem incapable of intellectual discourse IMHO.
I liked Newman as a more traditional conservative, but thought he was a lightweight on the issues. I know he wrote some books. Is he still doing his thing?

Old 05-22-2011, 11:41 AM

2,544 posts, read 4,283,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
I liked Newman as a more traditional conservative, but thought he was a lightweight on the issues. I know he wrote some books. Is he still doing his thing?
I believe he passed away a few years ago. I always enjoyed his show.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:58 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post

In the mornings. I cannot remember the names, but the same station has pretty good hosts who discuss things seriously without ranting. I would recognize the names if I heard them. There are some stations in Los Angeles where the hosts aere either ratioal or at least funny. A radio talk show host can be entertaining without the need to go off like a crazy person,be offensive, claim to be a god and call everyone but yourself stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit