Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2014, 03:15 PM

13 posts, read 21,389 times

Advertisements

I'll be starting my last semester of nursing school (ADN) in January. I am a Canadian citizen studying in Miami. I am very interested in moving to Detroit for work as well as for my RN-BSN and masters. My parents are getting older and I would like to be within a 5 hour drive of them, rather than a plane ride. Wayne state also offers in state tuition to Canadians, which is a big draw, after having had to pay international fees for the past 3 years.

I am particularly interested in Henry Ford, does anyone work there? Can you tell me about your experience with them as an employer? Nurse-Patient ratios? Work atmosphere and morale? Things to know about applying? Do they apply ADN nurses? I am interested into getting into ER eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 08:07 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
Without personal experience, I can offer up this. I worked nearby, was a single-time ER patient, but that don't really help much.

Henry Ford Hospital - Detroit, MI | Yelp

Henry Ford Health System Employee Reviews | Indeed.com

11 Things to Know about Henry Ford Health System

Henry Ford Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

Detroit Henry Ford Hospital Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jjs_Z3dE2E

Also, are you aware of the Detroit Medical Center? You might google reviews of it.

DETROIT HOSPITAL - DMC - Detroit Medical Center

DMC Sinai Grace Hospital Detroit Michigan - Sinai Grace A Top Metro Detroit Hospital Southfield Hospital - Sinai Grace

Old 11-05-2014, 08:11 PM

13 posts, read 21,389 times
Thank you! yes I am also researching DRH, Sinai Grace and Beaumont. Thanks for the links.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: