Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 10:11 AM

262 posts, read 788,261 times

Advertisements

So now will people see the Mayor in a new light or will they say the same thing "He didn't do anything wrong, People just need to leave him alone."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 10:23 AM

695 posts, read 3,410,988 times
Agreed, except I'm a little angry about Fox 2 covering this for like three hours and pre-empting the Wendy Williams Show.

This great news of Detroit is already spreading all over the world no doubt. Even L. Brooks Patterson today, who quote was "staying quiet for awhile" said the mayor needs to step down.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:47 AM

I like how Kwame looked in Court, when the Judge told him he was going to Jail. I think Kwame was going to cry, I like how he respects the Court, but yet he did as he pleased. I don't feel sorry for Kwame. He needs to be treated just like any one of us would be treated for the way he acted. So if people can sit there and still say he didn't do any thing wrong.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:28 AM

418 posts, read 1,785,266 times
What amazes me, is that people can actually ASK the question, "Is this fair". I heard them ask for people to call in on a radio show today, and tell if they thought it was a fair decision. HELLO? If I had done even half of what Kwame has done, I would have been locked up a long time ago. Anyone would have. So I don't get why some think that this "isn't fair".

He is an idiot. A selfish, lying, arrogant idiot. I am embarrassed to live here. He deserves to be behind bars. And as for his family...yes, I feel sorry for them. But he made it clear long ago that he doesn't give two s#its about them. So using them as an excuse at the courthouse today was just pathetic.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:14 PM

6 posts, read 12,964 times
You're talking about a city that kept Coleman Young in office for 20 years, he was a racist. The only good thing Detroit has done was elect Dennis Archer, which was probable a fluke. Now, Kilpatrick has been in office over 6 years and this is not his first scandal. I guarantee you that if Kilpatrick were to run again today, he would get elected.

The voters of Detroit never learn or do they even care? Why would a city full of criminals not elect one of their own?

Old 08-07-2008, 07:37 PM

422 posts, read 759,073 times
I'm not so sure. I think could Detroit could elect Kwame for 100 years, as long as his heart doesn't give out. Now that the white man's court has thrown him in prison, he's going to become an even bigger street politician hero.

Don't get me wrong, the law has to be followed. The judge did the only thing possible. But this will have consequences; consequences that strengthen Kwame.

If you're going to blame someone, blame the Democratic party. Internally, they have enough power and leverage to break him and force him out, but that gutless whiny ***** Granholm never will.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:44 AM

Oh Yeah THE WHITE MAN COURT. It does it every time to the black man poor poor kwame. Yeah all he had was sex with that other woman no big deal they all do huh? that would be the 70% of black men who sleep around huh? I guess you can say that is the norm.

As for grandhole she aint gonna put her buddy any farther in the hole. Mike Cox is going to do that when he bring more Felony charges up against him. The Governor is going to stay out of the media's eye. she's probility under her desk in Lansing

Old 08-08-2008, 07:58 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
I shake my head at this. Incredibly sad.

Leave it to Detroit to make Cleveland look like a well run boomtown.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:22 AM

Mr. Cox has just brought the Hammer down on Kwame, This is some Circus show and a half. If this doesn't show the People who live in Detroit that Kwame is out in leftfield. They are just in denile.
The other thing the charges Mr. Cox charged Kwame with also should be Race Charges for what the Mayor was yelling at the White Officer.
Cause you know if it was the other way around the White Officer would be shown the door.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:20 AM

271 posts, read 934,339 times
Someone buy the major a white bronco, and have his friend drive him OUT of town while he hides in the back. Detroit wouldn't prosecute, as long as he never comes back...

Problem solved...and the media will have their field day covering the "not a chase" chase out of Detroit.

And if we plan it accordingly, we can use the pay per view funds to cover the $9 million the mayor has stolen from Detroit...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit