Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2008, 08:49 PM

73 posts, read 274,124 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I'm from St. Louis, MO.. i'm looking into purchasing a car I found online at a place called Q Motors in Dearborn. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with this dealership... good.. bad..ok? what's the area like? not that that should really matter, he he.

Also, If I decide to follow through with purchasing the car, We'll spend a weekend in detroit most likely, never been...look forward to it! is there something I should definetly not miss?!??!

Thanks in advance for all your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 10:18 PM

695 posts, read 3,410,687 times
Well I googled it and I actually have driven past it a few times. It's in a questionable at best neighborhood, on Greenfield south of Warren which on the east side of Greenfield is Dearborn and the west side is Detroit. My friend lives over there and it's not great (his homes been broken into twice...within two weeks). Usually dealers in those kind of areas have bad cars, but if it's something you really are looking for then come see it by all means. But I would hate for you to come all that way to get something not worth it. That part of Dearborn is colloquially called East Dearborn and is very high in people of arabic descent. The highest concentration in the nation. There's a lot of interesting arabic type places, museums, what have you in East Dearborn...none of which that I have been to, but I hear they are good. Detroit can be an interesting place to visit though for sure. The cars on their site look decent...just really research what you're getting into.

6942 greenfield dearborn - Google Maps

Old 06-25-2008, 08:28 PM

225 posts, read 818,165 times
Those kinds of dealerships generally get most of their cars from auctions and trade ins from other dealerships. I wouldn't buy a car from them, period. The area is nothing to worry about during business hours. It's not even that bad at night, other than the fact that it borders Detroit.

If you're going to be in that area anyway for a weekend, I'd check out "The Henry Ford". Formerly known as Greenfield Village and Henry Ford Museum. What the heck kind of car is it that you'd come all the way from MO to look at it, let alone buy it?

Old 10-18-2008, 03:49 PM

478 posts, read 1,657,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytjo95 View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm from St. Louis, MO.. i'm looking into purchasing a car I found online at a place called Q Motors in Dearborn. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with this dealership... good.. bad..ok? what's the area like? not that that should really matter, he he.

Also, If I decide to follow through with purchasing the car, We'll spend a weekend in detroit most likely, never been...look forward to it! is there something I should definetly not miss?!??!

Thanks in advance for all your help
When we were looking for a used car -- we also checked them out -- my DH (a previous Engineer) did NOT feel comfortable with them at all -- questioned where they're getting their cars from...

We bought our first used car from Southgate Lincoln-Mercury -- was the BEST experience we've had -- new/used. We bought our second used car from the same place -- which was VERY far for us.

We've now moved to SC bought a used car here -- was the WORST experience ever. I'm afraid Southgate Lincoln Mercury spoiled us -- they are #1 in used car sales -- I would even entertain going back to MI buying from them, and driving it back to SC, after our bad experience here. We bought a car from a Ford Dealer here to find out as soon as we left the dealership you could not pump gas into the vehicle -- the gas would flow out all over the ground -- at $4.00 a gallon we were NOT happy.

Anyway I LOVE Southgate Lincoln Mercury Used Car -- Dennis Karp -- only sells the best (or at least they did). This was all within the last 1.5 years.

Sorry - but when I have a good experience I just have to share.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:29 PM

1 posts, read 4,590 times
mytjo95,
Did you ever do business with Q motors in Dearborn? I know it was a while ago, but I just wondered if you ended up buying from them and how it went. I saw a car I liked from them, but after reading some of the responses you got, I got worried.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit