Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 10:28 AM

41 posts, read 126,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
How do folks feel about Kwame Kilpatrick running away from Michigan after he's let out of jail. I'd probably do the same thing, but it seems like he's escaping the punishment of having to suffer the scorn of Michiganders. I wonder if Beatty will run away too.

I predict that, aside from his four months in the clink, Kwame will never really suffer nor feel badly for his crimes and for the awful job he did as Mayor of Detroit. His family is too politically connected for him to suffer; I'm sure he'll "land" a nice cushy six-figure job somewhere.
I'm not so sure he's escaping punishment... Just read the comment boards on the Dallas News - the residents of Dallas seem to have scorn aplenty for Kwame. I say good riddance, and Detroit can finally move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 03:07 PM

282 posts, read 1,169,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
I hope at least this will help make clear to the nation that special privileges are not a race thing. Our new prez is not only black, he's the son of a single mom born without a trust fund but who still went to Harvard Law School. Kwame is at the other end of the spectrum -- Silver Spoon Lad from a good family with great political connections -- and what does he do with all those advantages? He makes an ass of himself, is what, and doesn't pay a price.

Plus he owes the city a million bucks.
They'd draw and quarter you or I.
He gets to leave.
Doesn't matter what "color" the person is. I try HARD not to look at that,
but THEY are making it hard to ignore.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:59 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,065,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curliq View Post
I'm not so sure he's escaping punishment... Just read the comment boards on the Dallas News - the residents of Dallas seem to have scorn aplenty for Kwame. I say good riddance, and Detroit can finally move on.
That's great. Could you please link to that? Did they run an article titled, "Disgraced Former Detroit Mayor Coming to Dallas" or some such? It would be nice if they could publicly embarrass his future employer who is no doubt skipping over more qualified and more ethical candidates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakian View Post
Ya, this ex player should STILL be locked up.
The "court" is keeping too much hidden. Now there's talk about a sludge fund scam he and his girl friend were involved in.
He should still be locked up.
What would be really hot news would be if a DNA test revealed that Kilpatrick were guilty of rape or multiple rapes at some point. Wouldn't you expect something like that from a guy who thinks he's king and is entitled to can and can get away with whatever he wants? I wouldn't put something like that below him.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:37 PM

530 posts, read 1,551,558 times
[SIZE=-1]"Still undisclosed is what job Kwame Kilpatrick is supposed to interview for today[/SIZE]..."

Do you want to do business with a company that hires famous, known perjurers???

The recent Georgian peanut scandal along with Madoff didn't teach us any lessons....

Old 02-04-2009, 07:32 PM

41 posts, read 126,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
That's great. Could you please link to that? Did they run an article titled, "Disgraced Former Detroit Mayor Coming to Dallas" or some such? It would be nice if they could publicly embarrass his future employer who is no doubt skipping over more qualified and more ethical candidates.
Disgraced Detroit mayor seeks new life in Dallas | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Local News: TV (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/tv/stories/wfaa090203_wz_kwame.17be5d88.html - broken link)

"Disgraced Detroit mayor seeks new life in Dallas"

Old 02-05-2009, 10:58 AM

6 posts, read 7,840 times
Default Bye Kwame!

Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish! Hopefully the "D" can recover and money that was suppose to go to the Residents and their neighborhoods will now be spent on improving Detroit instead of Bobby Ferguson's and Bernard Kilpatrick's pockets.

How do you think Kwame is paying for that $3,000.00 a month home in an exclusive neighbor in TX.? Thank You Detroiters!

Old 02-05-2009, 11:29 AM

Susan,

If Kwame ran for Mayor again, he'd win.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:40 AM

497 posts, read 1,176,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmax View Post
Susan,

If Kwame ran for Mayor again, he'd win.

Yep, he would. The very same people who put him in office would do it again given the chance. And that is the shame of Detroit. It makes me sick. America sinks deeper with each day. We have a man who cheated people out of millions and millions of dollars sitting in his multi-million dollar penthouse instead of in jail. We have oj simpson in prison, but NOT for double murder. No, he got away with that. We have the disgraced blagojevich out hitting the talk show curcuit and drawing big crowds instead of hanging his head in shame. I could go on and on, but what's the point?

Old 02-05-2009, 12:30 PM

60's,

Should we start a Revolutionary Thread?

Old 02-05-2009, 09:58 PM

282 posts, read 1,169,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmax View Post
60's,

Should we start a Revolutionary Thread?

We got us out of Nam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit