Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 06:30 PM

186 posts, read 587,822 times

Advertisements

I know I'm tired about it, and especially when many suburban areas have crime problems that aren't put on the news. Not calling out anyone or their community, and no hating either.

Last edited by Shrewsbury Road; 04-20-2009 at 07:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 06:44 PM

937 posts, read 2,833,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Road View Post
I know I'm tired about it, and especiall recently with Harper Woods teenagers robbing people at the mall, I never heard of a suburban gang before.
Actually, the teenagers are from Detroit. But nice try.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:35 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,737,180 times
What makes one Detroiter more real than another? My taxes are paid to the city like everyone elses.

As a Detroiter, I'm sick of paying some of the taxes in the country and still having the highest per-capita murder rate in the country. As a Detroiter, I'm sick and tired of having to equip my property with military-style security just to keep thieves from stealing. As a Detroiter, I hate having to wonder how long would it take the police to show up if I were the vivtim of a crime.

And I'm going to voice my frustration about it as well. As one person, I can only do so much to change the situation for myself.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:54 PM

2 posts, read 2,578 times
Default thats a shame

u pay taxes high taxes u should get the best protection from the police but now u have to resort to military style security and probaly have a few weapons in your home just in case someone wants to break in and steal from u keep that in mind as long as the unemployment rate goes up u keep buying bullets u are going to need them i left detroit a long time ago i live in virginia happy that i did but dont worry i still love my lions tigers pistons redwings iam a diehard fan and i let people know iam from detroit but i wont come back to live no no no the winters are bad for me retird from the us navy dccm smith or just plain master cheif usn

Old 10-15-2013, 05:29 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmith169 View Post
u pay taxes high taxes u should get the best protection from the police but now u have to resort to military style security and probaly have a few weapons in your home just in case someone wants to break in and steal from u keep that in mind as long as the unemployment rate goes up u keep buying bullets u are going to need them i left detroit a long time ago i live in virginia happy that i did but dont worry i still love my lions tigers pistons redwings iam a diehard fan and i let people know iam from detroit but i wont come back to live no no no the winters are bad for me retird from the us navy dccm smith or just plain master cheif usn
ONE WORD---Punctuation---it does wonder for one's thoughts. Pretty sure it is used in the Navy and by other respected military forces as well.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:09 AM

171 posts, read 188,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Road View Post
I know I'm tired about it, and especially when many suburban areas have crime problems that aren't put on the news. Not calling out anyone or their community, and no hating either.
That's true. I remember when I moved from Detroit to the suburbs, I recieved a community newsletter in the mail. I checked it out and was shocked what kind of crime happens out here! The reason you don't hear about what goes on in the suburbs is because the crime in Detroit sells. The media wants to continue to portray the suburbs as nice quiet and just the total opposite of Detroit.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:12 AM

2,990 posts, read 5,276,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2c313 View Post
That's true. I remember when I moved from Detroit to the suburbs, I recieved a community newsletter in the mail. I checked it out and was shocked what kind of crime happens out here! The reason you don't hear about what goes on in the suburbs is because the crime in Detroit sells. The media wants to continue to portray the suburbs as nice quiet and just the total opposite of Detroit.
It really would depend on what suburb. Some suburbs are virtually crime free. Some are pretty rough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: