Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2015, 07:52 AM

7,129 posts, read 12,670,656 times

Advertisements

Just came across this study and thought it might prove interesting to folks here:

Plant-Based Diets for Diabetes | NutritionFacts.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 09:09 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,207,524 times
There is no cure for diabetes.

Some fruits and vegetables contain too many carbs and sugars for diabetics.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:20 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
While there is no cure for diabetes one can significantly control the disease through diet.
Much online resources to guide the diabetic in healthy dietary choices.
Google "Diabetes and diet"

Old 12-01-2015, 05:58 AM

10 posts, read 6,576 times
Can anyone tell me how to control diabetes and is there a way to get rid of diabetes completly.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:44 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Some herein should look up and read how it was for diabetics in the 'old days' before insulin became available in 1922; here is one such article:

The Discovery of Insulin

You could usually tell a diabetic back then, because they would be stick-thin. It was rare to see a child with diabetes, since they usually died pretty quickly. Adults diagnosed with diabetes measured their life span in months.

Believe you me, if people prior to 1922 could have 'controlled' their blood sugars by eating 'healthy', they would have.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:23 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings View Post
Can anyone tell me how to control diabetes and is there a way to get rid of diabetes completly.
I have heard that having gastric bypass surgery will eliminate diabetes in type 2 diabetics,but i have done no research on this claim=
https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q...iatric+surgery

Old 12-02-2015, 02:41 PM

19,040 posts, read 27,607,234 times
In my practice I encountered two patients that were officially cured.
One had pancreas transplant that caught.
One did it by rigorous diet and exercise.
That being said, I work with people with diabetes for 21 years.
Diabetes is 100% preventable or manageable with diet and exercise. Unless there is damage to pancreas.
But, most of the time, it is result of very poor diet and very sedentary life style.
Bigger problem is, diabetics loose sense of reality and gravity of their condition. As Dr Campbell called it, they get "diabetic euphoria". Part of this is impaired sensation due to peripheral neuropathy and lack of pain. Part is poor vision and lack of visual feedback. Part of it is simple shift in mental functions. A lot of it is being immersed in culture that hammers you with eating crap, lack of good quality products, lack of strict enforced prevention programs and screenings.
In native Indians it's a disaster.
Diet should be geared towards a little carbs as possible, as they are most easily cycled into blood glucose. Exercise should be rigorous. ONE HOUR of very vigorous exercise EVERY DAY. Weight should be hawked constantly. Weight goes up - blood glucose goes up.
Here's a fantastic resource for those who want to step onto proper diet path:

https://archive.org/details/diabeticcookeryr00oppeiala

Also, before someone jumps at that book with fiery sword because it "promotes too much fat" don't forget, that this year, dietary guidelines were finally revised for the first time in 50 years to say that fat is not bad, neither is cholesterol. 50 YEARS of lies.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:10 AM

7,129 posts, read 12,670,656 times
I found the post above most excellent! Especially this quote:

"But, most of the time, it is result of very poor diet and very sedentary life style."

My family has two members who are diabetic. A brother and nephew. Both are obese, both eat a highly processed, junk food diet, and both do not exercise more than their chewing muscles...

It's sad to see them destroy their health this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes