Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 08:03 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,470,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Good to hear on the vaccination. But I was addressing this mostly. I know there are issues at times in the pharma industry but the old "sky is falling" rhetoric gets old. Making such blanket statements is uncalled for and makes one sound like a conspiracy theorist spouting fool.

"I can pretty much guarantee you ANY supplement or natural substance you look up on the internet and then read about on any medical related website like webmd for example will say they are unproven. It's laughable really. If it will affect their bottom line (as in drug companies), the medical establishment will say unproven and not endorse it. In fact, they will not endorse anything that doesn't come from big pharma. How people fail to see this is beyond me. The whole industry is based on greed and scams but that's another story."
"Issues at times", really? I think the problem is a lot worse than that and not just with Pharma. The whole system is broken for MANY people. Maybe not you, I have no idea but I don't think I need to explain that one.

It's not a conspiracy, it's reality. I don't make up things out of thin air, I relate my experiences and those of people I know. It's no secret that pharma companies are against any form of natural supplements. It's pretty damn obvious these companies are only about profits. They are not interested in curing anything, if they did, they would be out of business. Supplements cannot be patented. Nothing at all to gain. That is how the pharma companies have built up their fortunes.

One can also become the opposite of a conspiracy theorist. I guess I could call that one a "head in the sand".

This is already off topic. One could write volumes on the problems with the Medical Establishment. Seen any drug commercials on TV lately? Have you noticed the list of side effects they are all bound to disclose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 12:34 PM

2,106 posts, read 977,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
"Issues at times", really? I think the problem is a lot worse than that and not just with Pharma. The whole system is broken for MANY people. Maybe not you, I have no idea but I don't think I need to explain that one.

It's not a conspiracy, it's reality. I don't make up things out of thin air, I relate my experiences and those of people I know. It's no secret that pharma companies are against any form of natural supplements. It's pretty damn obvious these companies are only about profits. They are not interested in curing anything, if they did, they would be out of business. Supplements cannot be patented. Nothing at all to gain. That is how the pharma companies have built up their fortunes.

One can also become the opposite of a conspiracy theorist. I guess I could call that one a "head in the sand".

This is already off topic. One could write volumes on the problems with the Medical Establishment. Seen any drug commercials on TV lately? Have you noticed the list of side effects they are all bound to disclose?
My aunt a nurse says you don’t need any of those over counter supplements , they can all be got in they food you eat , But I still buy them anyhow …just in case she’s wrong

Old 08-06-2021, 02:38 PM

13,061 posts, read 7,500,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I have a little numbness but that's all so far, and I'm doing my best to avoid sugar and carbs in my diet, on Metformin, and last check at AIC 6.7, but have you others had issues with diarrhea from the Metformin? My doctor warned of it and said that it might help to take it with a meal. That didn't work, I would get one normal in the morning then an hour or so later the diarrhea. One day last week I neglected to take a pill when we went out to dinner so I took it on an empty stomach at 8pm, and the next day happily was normal. So, I have continued to take it at 8pm well after dinner since and no more diarrhea.
1. Your body will adjust.
2. My dosage is 1000 mg (2-500 pills) but I distribute 1-AM and 1-PM. No idea if this preferred but doc is aware of this and makes no mention. I guess I should talk to pharmacist. I can go as much as 2000mg/d and may go to that level to aid my quest for weight loss and BGL . Current scrip is for 1000/day.

Old 08-07-2021, 02:49 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,238,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
My aunt a nurse says you don’t need any of those over counter supplements , they can all be got in they food you eat , But I still buy them anyhow …just in case she’s wrong
You do know that the FDA cannot review the claims of these so called supplements? Unless this has changed in the last couple years which I do not believe it has. Some of the ingredients found in these supplements have included acetaminophen and cadmium. I used to take Vit D and the Dr ordered it through a prescription. When I mentioned they are easy to get online as well he preferred the RX route as this was controlled with known ingredients vs whatever may be added to the various brands found online. No doubt there are some legit online products but your aunt may be on to something here.

Old 08-08-2021, 11:38 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,469,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
1. Your body will adjust.
2. My dosage is 1000 mg (2-500 pills) but I distribute 1-AM and 1-PM. No idea if this preferred but doc is aware of this and makes no mention. I guess I should talk to pharmacist. I can go as much as 2000mg/d and may go to that level to aid my quest for weight loss and BGL . Current scrip is for 1000/day.
you know the symptoms of ACIDOSIS?
Rapid Heart beat,diarrhea,vomit,nausea,blurred vision,tinkling of extremities.

Old 08-08-2021, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
you know the symptoms of ACIDOSIS?
Rapid Heart beat,diarrhea,vomit,nausea,blurred vision,tinkling of extremities.
My main symptom for acidosis: acute gout

Other symptoms:
Rapid HeartRate -trying to get HR up. Medication(s) took me down to 48 from 65.
diarrhea: Sometimes I welcome the purging. Medications for BP dehydrated and constipates me. My intake for fiberous food would scare most people.
vomit: see nausea
nausea: I have inner ear problems and coupled with old age my nausea episodes are increasing. I am thinking about going off bifocal lenses in favor of multiple glasses or transition lens. I have to be careful in looking up at nearby objects because that will bring on a nausea. Rapid change in focus distance will throw me off.
blurred vision: finger smudges on glasses. dirty eyeballs-glaucoma coming on. Give me a pint of IPA and I give you not only blurred vision but also tunnel vision, nausea, vomit, rapid heart rate, etc.
tinkling of extremeties: tell me about tinkling when I pee. Yes, I do have tingling in the finger tips. I know there is a correlation to the amount of fruits, type of fruits, carbohydrates, amount of carbs, to what degree is unknown.

I've asked docs for testing of blood pH but get a funny look.
I need to order sensitive pH paper for checking my urine. Just never remember. I feel the onset of too much blood sugar when my face feels flush.

My new docs in our retirement location are fairly young. I rather have older physicians who have experience. My father GP, worked till he was 82 (passed at 99.5, 2019). He's seen a lot.

Last edited by leastprime; 08-08-2021 at 12:49 PM..

Old 08-08-2021, 12:45 PM

@mojo,
are you saying that metformin causes some acidoisis?

I know that I have to very careful with aspirin. 81mg aspirin will cause me to bleed from light scratches, nose bleeds in the shower, and increase acute gout frequency.

Old 08-21-2021, 12:58 PM

2,106 posts, read 977,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Alpha Lipoic Acid is GREAT stuff, been taking it for years. It has tons of health benefits, but it is especially good for diabetics - it really postpones/reduces complications.
I finely bought some , I gave it to my pharmacist to see what he thought, after reading it he asked if I took multi vitamins , Yes! then send these back , same in this as what your already taking .

Old 08-22-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
@mojo,

I know that I have to very careful with aspirin. 81mg aspirin will cause me to bleed from light scratches, nose bleeds in the shower, and increase acute gout frequency.
there is some chemical in aspirin ,same as used in rat poison-as rats would eat anything,nails ,it could tear their intestine lining,and cause internal bleeding,so when they eat the rat poison which makes them thirsty,they will leave the house and go outside looking for water,and that chemcial will thin their blood ,and prevent clotting,so it eventually bleed to death.
GARLIC is also known to thin your blood.
I cant prove it,but it looks like chives may do the same.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:10 PM

Quote:
@mojo,

lactic acidosis can cause death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes