Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 01:30 PM

192 posts, read 250,439 times

Advertisements

Do what I've done for the last 15 years...... have fruit for breakfast.

Plants are the original food....esp fruit. (see protein myths, fruit myths)

I do get the protein (egg=6g 1 fruit=2g times 6 pieces = 12g)

I don't get the fat, cholesterol, Salmonella, or lost energy through difficult digestion.

A lot of marathon runners eat this way..... including the "Juiceman" (humans do best when they eat for their species type: Primate)

Promoted in books:

"Fit for Life"
"Back to Eden"
"80-10-10"
Eat to Live
Green for Life
Rawvolution
Raw Food/Real World

& by the "Juiceman"

Last edited by Sacman; 08-22-2010 at 01:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 02:33 PM

889 posts, read 2,712,819 times
I think it probably would be good for meto just have fruit for breakfast. Is there really that much protein in fruit? I have trouble believing that! I can't get over the feeling that I will still be hungry and won't get the protein I need. Convince me and I'll try it.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:09 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,461,746 times
Cooking your food properly is another solution. I can only imagine how many salmonella, E-Coli, etc. infections have been prevented by a cook who killed the bacteria before serving it.

Yes, eating poultry, meat, and other stuff poses some risk. But dead animal tastes so much better than dead plants, IMO. I'll take the risk.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:13 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacman View Post
Do what I've done for the last 15 years...... have fruit for breakfast.

Plants are the original food....esp fruit. (see protein myths, fruit myths)

I do get the protein (egg=6g 1 fruit=2g times 6 pieces = 12g)

I don't get the fat, cholesterol, Salmonella, or lost energy through difficult digestion.

A lot of marathon runners eat this way..... including the "Juiceman" (humans do best when they eat for their species type: Primate)

Promoted in books:

"Fit for Life"
"Back to Eden"
"80-10-10"
Eat to Live
Green for Life
Rawvolution
Raw Food/Real World

& by the "Juiceman"
Or how about just cook your eggs all the way through? Boiled or scrambled or fried, just make sure they're not runny.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:15 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
I'm looking for protein without a lot of sugar. I prefer egg beaters, they contain the protein of an egg without the cholesterol.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:52 PM

427 posts, read 550,047 times
Ahhh.....the egg. Good source of protein, vitamins d,a,b2, iodine.

Gotta keep 'em stored seperatly in yer fridge', nice and cold.

And ya certainly gotta cook 'em thoroughly. Both the white and yolk should be solid after ya cook 'em.

Still, for now, Imma stickin' ta oatmeal!
Attached Thumbnails
Egg solution-egg-faces.jpg  

Old 08-22-2010, 09:23 PM

293 posts, read 1,035,759 times
Yes, just cooking them is a good idea. Washing hands too.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:13 PM

192 posts, read 250,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityflair View Post
Is there really that much protein in fruit?... Convince me and I'll try it.
Fruit officially has 1 gram per fruit.....but this is discovered by heating it over a flame. Heating kills the enzimes, which are made of amino acids, which the body uses to make protein. So enzimes aren't counted. I focused on protein in my first post cause I know that sellers of protein-rich foods give us this false suggestion that we need high protein.

Wanna be stunned? Look up the protein % in mothers milk. Babies( a persons fastest growing years) get 7% of their calories from protein.

Fruit. Nature/God wouldn't make the most obvious, tempting, and one of the most abundant food on the planet, lack what we need. Fruit and veg is the way most gorillas, monkeys and orangutans eat, and they're plenty strong.

You may be hungry at first; your body's used to heavier food. But
it will adjust.

YouTube - Where Do I Get Protein From on a Raw Foods Diet? - Dr. Doug Graham

YouTube - Where Does a Fruitarian UltraMarathoner Get Protein?

Quote:
Or how about just cook your eggs all the way through
Because what's un-natural for humans is also un-healthy. Cooking is also un-natural, and was likely invented for the eating of un-natural things....including like nuts and beans, as some are poisonous till cooked.

Quote:
dead animal tastes so much better than dead plants, IMO. I'll take the risk
Fair enough. But I don't think meat tastes "so much better" than Canteloupe, mangos and dates.....not better at all.

Also, healthy food gets better tasting the more you eat it.

PS - I'm not into dead plants now. Our natural food - fruit - taste better live(uncooked)

Old 08-23-2010, 07:05 AM

889 posts, read 2,712,819 times
Thanks for sharing those videos. They were good. I'll try to eat more fruit. Had my banana for breakfast today, but my body is still wondering where breakfast is. :-)

Old 08-23-2010, 07:21 AM

23,596 posts, read 70,402,242 times
"Fruit. Nature/God wouldn't make the most obvious, tempting, and one of the most abundant food on the planet, lack what we need."

Yeah, maybe supermarket fruit. Or fruits that have been bred by man for particular traits. A HUGE number of fruits are poisonous to humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss