Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 02:40 AM

137 posts, read 502,953 times

Advertisements

^------OKay thanks, I'll be purchasing it off of ebay to start when I get back from my vacation. That said I do have a few questions I'd like to narrow down if I may....

1. How much room will I need to do the program? I have an old 32"TV thats just sitting around that I'm thinking I could take to the garage and put out there. Question is, is this something I can do inj my garage as I don't want to be hopping around in a small area inside of the house.

2. What kind of equipment will I need? Punching bag, dumbells, weight sizes of said dumbells?

3. Finally, is there a diet on line I can follow? I thought I read some where that there was a diet you follow on this. Currently I am on a low calorie diet and have lost about 30 pounds. I have several more to go so was thinking when I get on the px90 I'd like to amp my diet up. Is there a link out there with a menu?

Apprceitae the answers and sorry for jacking this thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 11:24 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapsk8 View Post
^------OKay thanks, I'll be purchasing it off of ebay to start when I get back from my vacation. That said I do have a few questions I'd like to narrow down if I may....

1. How much room will I need to do the program? I have an old 32"TV thats just sitting around that I'm thinking I could take to the garage and put out there. Question is, is this something I can do inj my garage as I don't want to be hopping around in a small area inside of the house.

2. What kind of equipment will I need? Punching bag, dumbells, weight sizes of said dumbells?

3. Finally, is there a diet on line I can follow? I thought I read some where that there was a diet you follow on this. Currently I am on a low calorie diet and have lost about 30 pounds. I have several more to go so was thinking when I get on the px90 I'd like to amp my diet up. Is there a link out there with a menu?

Apprceitae the answers and sorry for jacking this thread
1. To get a good amount of space, I'd recommend getting a yoga mat and putting it down wherever you are wanting to work out. If you've got a foot in each direction from the mat, youve got plenty of room. A number of people I know do it in their garage.

2. What I have are: Yoga Mats, free weights, resistance bands, and a home pullup bar. For the type of weights, I have a set of regular ones at 5lbs each as well as an adjustable up to 20lbs each. If you want bigger muscles, you may need some heavier ones as you progress.

3. A low calorie diet is probably not the best for P90X. There is a diet plan with recommendations. When you purchase the program, it should have it all in the documentation. Make sure you're getting enough protein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss