Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 07:59 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,223,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post
Thanks, pandora! Eating breakfast is quinnessential to losing weight.I realize that, I gotta make the habit of doing that, it's just that for the past four years I had been having class in the mornings so by the time I got up, I didint have time to eat breakfast, Also what kind of stuff can I buy from the grocery store to eat for breakfast? You know so I don't get bored w/ it? Breakfast allows your body to maintain such a good energy level during the day! Plus, if you eat a large breakfast, you have all day to burn it off, and not have to eat so much later in the day. It also regulates your insulin levels alot better. Remember, Breakfast means "breaking from the fasting" that you did overnight.

I am actually at a weight now where I actually NEED TO STOP losing from! I am down to 148 lbs now. 150 was about the bottom weight I wanted to be at, so I am now trying to adjust to a maintenance caloric weight (which is alot harder to do than I thought it would be). I am also trying to "zig zag" my calories some, so my body doesn't get too used to a steady rate.

Ian
down to 148???? Damn! I hope you aren't tall, b/c if so, that can't look too good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 10:16 PM

1,678 posts, read 4,010,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
down to 148???? Damn! I hope you aren't tall, b/c if so, that can't look too good
I am 5'10" tall. My weight is actually pretty good, its just a bit low is all. 150 is about the lowest I wanted to be, with 150-155 being more on target. Its just finding that "sweet" spot for my caloric intake vs. how I work out.

Ian

Old 12-14-2010, 08:04 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I've recently started incorporating weight training into my work out regime. I gotta start eating breakfast. I realize that if I eat breakfast, I don't need lunch so that's a better choice for me and plus it is more important. It's just I worry about getting a stomach ache while at school(public bathrooms yuck!). I don't drink alot of soda anyway so that's not an issue. But good job though.
Congratulations on adding weight training! I'm sure you'll notice results pretty quickly.

Instead of skipping any meal, it's usually a good idea to eat several smaller meals. If you maintain a steady blood sugar level you'll have plenty of energy for everything you need to do and it will lessen cravings. Skipping meals is never a good idea.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:03 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,256,348 times
This is a cool thread! I got serious about weightloss in April 2010....I weighed 350 and now I'm 255 and I need to lose 65 more. I was a size 28 and now I can wear 18's and 20's. I did this naturally...no pills, no surgery, no injections just a total lifestyle change and I started exercising. I cut out alcohol (MAJOR!!!), cheese, pork, fried foods, ice cream and other junk. Sometimes I slip up but not often. This has become a lifestyle change for me. I started doing 5K walks and started kickboxing and even got into salsa dancing. Here's a couple of pictures..I still have a long way to go!

February 2010

July 2010

September 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

December 2010

Long way to go!!!!!!

Old 01-02-2011, 11:28 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,546,711 times
LadyKLO, you're my hero! You lost 95 lbs in only 8 months?! Wow! Congratulations; I'm sure you'll lose the other 65 lbs very soon!

Old 01-02-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
LadyKLO, you're my hero! You lost 95 lbs in only 8 months?! Wow! Congratulations; I'm sure you'll lose the other 65 lbs very soon!
Thanks "neighbor"..I see you're in Sherman Oaks...I'm in Oxnard! I might be lower than 95 but that was the last time I checked. What really did it for me was a doctor here in Oxnard...I went to the Urgent Care in March for a sinus infection and when I got there, the doctor told me that I came in for a sinus infection but the real reason I was there was because I am a hot #^@#^$^ mess....his words not mine..he CURSED me out..told me that he was going to run every test on me he possible could..he asked me if I was going to waste his time and if I was ready...I laughed in his face....UNTIL my test results came back. Found out I was borderline diabetic and had other levels so low..I had no idea. Well, April 5th, I decided to take back my life. On April 4th, I had everything I wanted to eat...I had fried fish, macaroni and cheese, buttered bread and other trash!

It seriously took a doctor with guts to tell me the truth about myself. Many doctors would say oh you need to lose weight but no one every "figuratively" slapped me with sense until I met this doctor. He and I have this love-hate kind of patient doctor relationship. I hate him but I love him too! I now see him once a month for follow ups!

Old 01-02-2011, 12:18 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,546,711 times
LadyKLO, I love your doctor! Everyone should have a doctor so willing to tell it like it is, right? The truth is that most of us exist in a state of blissful denial, and a doctor who says gently, "You need to lose some weight" will find his/her words falling on deaf ears. We need the wake up call of, "You're going to die if you don't lose this weight ASAP!" I'm glad you're still seeing him once a month; he's probably very impressed with your progress!

Old 01-02-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
LadyKLO, I love your doctor! Everyone should have a doctor so willing to tell it like it is, right? The truth is that most of us exist in a state of blissful denial, and a doctor who says gently, "You need to lose some weight" will find his/her words falling on deaf ears. We need the wake up call of, "You're going to die if you don't lose this weight ASAP!" I'm glad you're still seeing him once a month; he's probably very impressed with your progress!
Thanks so much!! He is awesome...a little rough around the edges but he is AWESOME...for years everyone was "nice" to me about my weight but he really just laid it on the line and told me how much I was really killing myself!!! LOL! Got to love him!! The pic is he and I back in July 2010. He put this up in his office!

Old 01-02-2011, 08:30 PM

1,678 posts, read 4,010,502 times
You look great, LadyKLO! Congrats on your incredible weight loss! You are a true inspiration for all who need this wake-up call. Thanks again for sharing your wonderful story!

Ian

Old 01-02-2011, 11:54 PM

Thanks so much Ian. I am glad I found you all on this forum. I use city data for "city" stuff but somehow I found you all here!! Thanks so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss