Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 08:56 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times

Advertisements

There isn't sweet food that can't be enhanced with chocolate. And there isn't un-sweet food that can't be enhanced with garlic. Anything that doesn't taste good enhanced by either chocolate or garlic, is clearly not food, and you can live without it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 11:22 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,422,703 times
I don't like bell peppers, blueberries, or any kind of tea, but I won't force myself to eat/drink it just because it's good for me.

If you don't like something, you don't like it. Yes, you can change the way food is prepared to make it taste better, but some foods don't taste good TO YOU no matter what you do. Don't force it down your throat!

Old 10-19-2010, 06:23 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
There isn't sweet food that can't be enhanced with chocolate. And there isn't un-sweet food that can't be enhanced with garlic. Anything that doesn't taste good enhanced by either chocolate or garlic, is clearly not food, and you can live without it.
You couldn't pay me to eat garlic. It's horrible stuff. I take my garlic in nice little softgels - odor free, thank you.

I cannot even eat in Italian restaurants any more because there is some law out there that says you have to douse everything in enough garlic to kill a horse. When I cook Italian at home it is garlic-free and tastes wonderful.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-19-2010, 06:35 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
I'm with anonchick on this one.

I used to hate eggplant but I decided to give it one last try in a homemade recipe of baba ghanouj. Now I can eat it in anything and it's one of my favorite veggies.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:47 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I'm with anonchick on this one.

I used to hate eggplant but I decided to give it one last try in a homemade recipe of baba ghanouj. Now I can eat it in anything and it's one of my favorite veggies.
We use eggplant as the "dough" for pizza. Slice, brush with olive oil, and grill, then top with sauce, cheese & toppings, and put under broiler til cheese melts/browns. Yum!

Old 10-19-2010, 06:54 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
LOL, I'm with you on the chocolate. I was going to say...you can eat almost anything if it's breaded and fried.

Seriously, there are just some foods that I cannot eat no matter what. I have trouble with the foods high in Omega 3's. I can do the nuts but not that fish...at all.

I imagine if I was born in Alaska I would feel differently.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:11 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,240,908 times
Smile Kinds of foods I can't stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
What kind of foods are you speaking of? Need a bit more info, please!
Mostly fruit - any kind.

I was tiny as a child and my parents belonged to the Clean Plate Club - I can remember stopping eating b/c I was full but the stuff I was forced to eat and I mean sitting there an hour after, those are the ones I can't eat.

I have tried and I gag. I saw a show on Freaky Eaters and it made me think.

Most vegetables I'm OK with except for cauliflower, brussel sprouts.

(I was determined with my children not to force and as children, they ate the macaroni & cheese but something amazing happened - they are absolutely wonderful eaters today - all the right stuff - they are both on the thinner side, both tall but I am so proud of both of them in this way).

Old 10-20-2010, 06:43 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Cauliflower and brussels sprouts aren't food. Theyre tools of oppression inflicted on children by their parents (eat your brussels sprouts or no TV for you tonight, young man!). Live without both, you won't miss out.

As for fruit, my previous statement stands:

Make chocolate fondue. Dip a mandarin orange segment into it. It's ALL about the chocolate.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:18 AM

610 posts, read 1,295,586 times
personally I find that the less junk I eat the better does the wholefoods taste...

Edit: I've also made my way through some pretty discusting supplements over the last couple of years, and this have made my tollerance to foods i don't like much greater.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:19 PM

270 posts, read 488,056 times
Bette, I feel your pain. I'm an extremely picky eater and hate most vegetables (other than carrots, lettuce, and starches). I like meat but I hate cooking it (and really cooking in general to be honest)...I find that what I love to eat are starches and dairy and sweets :/ And my problem is taste, texture, smell, appearance (yes, a lot is pyschological)....so I have no suggestions for you unfortunately because nothing really works for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss