Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:07 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times

Advertisements

I would think that there are so many food choices that no one has to eat any food he actively dislikes.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 01-04-2012 at 07:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 02:16 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I would think that there are so many food choices that no one has to eat any food he actively dislikes.
this is true

as a kid i had to "finish my plate " to be done with "supper"

and found it ironic, that the same foods i didnt like, the dog wouldnt eat either (squash, turnip, peas)

I did find, that if you plug your nose, you cant taste anything, so thats how i ate my veggies as a kid

Old 01-05-2012, 04:06 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times
Cook it in butter.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:12 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
If you just detest certain foods and these are the ones that are good for you, what are some ways to overcome this?
Learn to cook.

No, seriously.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:10 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Cauliflower and brussels sprouts aren't food. Theyre tools of oppression inflicted on children by their parents (eat your brussels sprouts or no TV for you tonight, young man!). Live without both, you won't miss out.

As for fruit, my previous statement stands:

Make chocolate fondue. Dip a mandarin orange segment into it. It's ALL about the chocolate.
I beg to differ on the brussels sprouts--you clearly haven't caught on to cooking them with bacon. You steam them first until partially cooked and then you roll them around the pan with some half cooked bacon and grease until they're nicely browned and smelling heavenly and then eat. You can do cauli the same way but I have other ways I like that better.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:48 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,816,411 times
I love roasted brussels sprouts. I cut them in half and put them in a roasting pan with a little bit of olive oil. When they are almost done I melt a bit of butter and brush them. They are delicious. I have done it with a bit of chopped bacon too (no butter then). Good stuff!

Old 01-05-2012, 07:36 PM

5 posts, read 4,542 times
Originally posted by mainebrokerman:
that if you plug your nose, you cant taste anything, so thats how i ate my veggies as a kid

COOL!!!

Originally posted by Opsimathia:
If you only hate a few foods that is fine and normal.

I agree! IN YOUR FACE MOM!

Originally posted by subject2change:
Kyle maybe your Mom would let you put some grated cheese on them and melt it in the microwave. Then you wouldn't taste them so much.

Maybe!

Thank you all three of you for helping me!

Old 01-05-2012, 08:12 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I love roasted brussels sprouts. I cut them in half and put them in a roasting pan with a little bit of olive oil. When they are almost done I melt a bit of butter and brush them. They are delicious. I have done it with a bit of chopped bacon too (no butter then). Good stuff!
I get bored eating brussel sprouts no matter how they're prepared. They're just too darned chewy. I'll eat them but they're not a favorite.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:18 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,057,736 times
I was a little bored with brussel sprouts lately too. So I sliced them thin and roasted them with S & P and Olive Oil until they were a little brown and had some crispyness to them, it was a nice change of texture.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:27 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,816,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
I was a little bored with brussel sprouts lately too. So I sliced them thin and roasted them with S & P and Olive Oil until they were a little brown and had some crispyness to them, it was a nice change of texture.
Thats how I roast them, so they get crispy. I really do not cook them all that often. Broccoli is my go to veggie. My family gets sick of it but I could eat it every day. I also use spinach a lot and swiss chard and when asparagus is in season I cook that a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss