Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 11:53 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,012,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
My stepdaughter had the surgery and went from 350 pounds to about 150 in less than two years. She looks and feels terrific. She uses the Weight Watchers poin system to maintain her weight. If you want to lose weight badly enough you will.
exactly! She is not chowing down at McDonalds, she apparently is honestly trying to maintain her weight loss. Good for her.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:00 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,280,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
exactly! She is not chowing down at McDonalds, she apparently is honestly trying to maintain her weight loss. Good for her.
It's possible to eat at McDonald's on Weight Watchers. Check it out - there are good choices to be made there. That is, IF the guy went there to eat. Not everyone who goes to McDonald's "chows down", you know.

Really ironic choice of topics, btw.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:16 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,854,114 times
cupcake...never assume a gorgefest...

firstly depending on how reacently he had his surgery it may be physically IMPOSSIBLE for him to have more than a little bit of a cheese burger (which while not the best choice if you leave the bun is ok after surgery) your stomach after the surgery is the size of a ping pong ball....
you gorge you HURTm you eat too fast you HURT, you eat the wrong thing YOU HURT...

while it could be true he whent there to have himself a burger, 1: its not dissalowed as long as you dont do it regularly and "follow the rule" (carbs are veyr limiited after surgery)
2: whats it any of your buisness?

i had weight loss surgery 10 1/2 weeks ago...
im down 57 lbs since i started (and 90lbs since i started getting my consults before surgery)
i can tell you right now, ive been to chillis, ive been to wendies (wendies chilli is like mecca for weightloss surgery patients) ive been to mc d's and boston market and the local pizza resturaunt...

have i once gorged myself...HECK no...i made the mistake of eating too fast once, NEVER EVER EVER will i eat too fast again, i was in agony for hours! it felt like a combination of swallowing a rock and being kicked in the stomach!
i whent to mcd's once because it was a place i knew i could get a plain cheese burger (meat and cheese are pretty much weight loss stables) for under $1 (i refuse to pay $6 for a sandwhich when i have to toss the bread and 2 bites im done...) and i was out and i was hungry (you HAVE to eat frequently after surgery)
i can honestly say never again, without the condiments and the bun it tasted like yicky! infact im not quite sure what they served me was meat OR cheese...

how do you know this guy wasnt in a simialr situation? out and about, hungry and trying to make an ALLOWED choice...
i go through wendies drive through for a small cup of chilli, according to your rule, im now cheating and going to gain the weight all back despite the fact that wendies chilli is actually on the list form my dr as allowed...
ect.

dONt assume.

as for the all fat people gorge themselves thing...
while many people are fat because of how much or what they eat, gentics, thyroid, illness, medications, ect all play parts in weight gain and loss.

for about 5 years before surgery i was averaging 1000-1200 calories based off leafy greens birhgt colored veggies fruits and lean meats like grilled chicken breast. and didnt loose a lb...

some people fail after surgery this is true...but this thread has more to do with you making a rash judgment over someone that had surgery without any knowledge whatsoever of the dietay requirments or 'whats allowed" than the surgery itself.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:21 PM

17,355 posts, read 16,498,076 times
Quote:
riiiiiight... fat people make poor food choices and refuse to learn to make right ones. Such as going to McDonalds and ph pu;leeeze who would go to McDonalds for a salad? On that street alone where I saw him pull into, there were many other places to eat where he could havbe eaten a lot healthier and low calories.
The same could be said for everyone with a diet related health condition in that McDonald's parking lot, though....

Maybe someone should stand outside fast food restaurants and do a quick blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol screen (all must be within normal range) and weight check (must be at or within 5 pounds of ideal weight based on height as determined by insurance industry charts)...as a condition of entry into the establishment.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:32 PM

10 posts, read 14,789 times
No, but they should be required to stop waddling down the aisle at work, blocking the entire pathway and slowing everyone else down who can't get around them.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:41 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,146 times
Quote:
I live across the street from a man who had his stomach stapled. He was so huge he had to sit down to wash his car, he broke his hip last year and I haven't seen hiom exit the house in over 2 years. He came out todayand got in his car and he was thinner but not thin. I pulled out behind him and as I was headed to the store I saw him pull into the McDonalds parking lot.

There ya go.. he wil get fat again and the surgery was a complete waste of money.
Maybe he was getting an ice coffee, which i do on a regular basis from either McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts, doesn't mean i'm going in there to eat donuts and hamburgers. Don't be so mean

Old 11-27-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddique View Post
No, but they should be required to stop waddling down the aisle at work, blocking the entire pathway and slowing everyone else down who can't get around them.
That's mean, i hope you have nothing wrong with you and people aren't hoping you stop doing whatever it is you're doing that is annoying someone else.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:07 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,550,698 times
I think there are just people who take a perverse pleasure in running down others. I don't get it but assume it has something to do with internet anonymity........though I don't know.......civility does seem awful dead most places.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
I think there are just people who take a perverse pleasure in running down others. I don't get it but assume it has something to do with internet anonymity........though I don't know.......civility does seem awful dead most places.
I don't think it's just the internet, i see plenty of rude, nasty people out in public too

Old 11-27-2010, 06:36 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,486,336 times
Quote:
I live across the street from a man who had his stomach stapled. He was so huge he had to sit down to wash his car, he broke his hip last year and I haven't seen hiom exit the house in over 2 years. He came out todayand got in his car and he was thinner but not thin. I pulled out behind him and as I was headed to the store I saw him pull into the McDonalds parking lot.

There ya go.. he wil get fat again and the surgery was a complete waste of money.
Wow, just wow.

I just can't get over the irony of this with the member name of Cupcake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss