Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 08:01 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times

Advertisements

After AM cardio snack: Banana

Breakfast: Steel cut oatmeal with blueberries

Snack: One small Blood Orange from my orange tree and Almond butter on one slice whole wheat bread

Lunch: Chicken breast on whole wheat bread, broccoli and half sweet potato. Water.

Snack: Banana and raw mix nuts (no peanuts)

Dinner: Its Tony Romas tonight. Full slab of baby back ribs, steamed broccoli, beans. Water.

Snack: Protein drink after a couple of hours of Kung Fu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 10:24 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,135,913 times
Ended up having wonton soup, egg roll & chicken w/cashew last night. Took 1/2 home so that will suffice 4 2nite as well.
Oh, & the crunchy mini bag of cheese puffs, can't forget my snack....

So far today:

1 banana
1/2 barenaked mango
1/4 almond/cashew/walnuts
1/4 C. cottage cheese
1/4 C. chicken Salad
brocoli/mixed vegetables

Listen, people are probably going, these people do not really eat that healthy, right...however, I, personally do. I also drink water every hour & get up @ 5 a.m. for an hour of cardio @ Ufit. I am also usually in bed by 9:30 p.m. I have given up all my unhealthy habits except 2 cups of coffee with whole milk after gym & before shower...that's the breaks!.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:44 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Listen, people are probably going, these people do not really eat that healthy, right...however, I, personally do. I also drink water every hour & get up @ 5 a.m. for an hour of cardio @ Ufit. I am also usually in bed by 9:30 p.m. I have given up all my unhealthy habits except 2 cups of coffee with whole milk after gym & before shower...that's the breaks!.
I'm sure some will think that...but here's the thing. There are some things I can't eat (beef, pork, shrimp) and some things I have eaten in the past and just did not like at all. I'm used to cooking meals, not opening a box...it's just not how I was taught to cook and it's not how I ate as a child either.

Some packaged items are just nasty. Those rice and pasta side dishes have the texture of white glue...I just can't even stomach that texture. Store bought cookies make my mouth feel waxy I cannot STAND mushy vegetables from a can. If that's all that was offered as a vegetable to me I could see why someone wouldn't like veggies. Soup from a can is salty and I tried the healthy choice ones and they were yucko...there was some kind of funky aftertaste, like metal...LOL

I will eat baked goods...just haven't baked in a while but I was planning on making cookies tomorrow (Cinnamon chocolate chip...I have this obsession with cinnamon...LOL). I make killer white almond wedding cake and whipped cream/butter cream frosting as well....I just don't make them for the heck of it...they are special order.

I don't really like eating potato chips because they make your fingers greasy and again, too much salt.

Call me a food snob but I like flavor other than salt. It's like a party in my mouth when I eat food that I've cooked to my liking

I could eat half a box of whoppers though if you put it next to me while I'm reading but if it's not in the house it's completely avoidable.

We are going to All-Star hockey skills comp. and game this weekend and I'm trying to be good now so I can indulge there. They have these roasted almonds and pecans that have a sugary coating on that I LOVE...always get them at a hockey game. I also plan on getting myself a Chicken Philly Sandwich...and I'll eat the whole dang thing and love it!

Old 01-27-2011, 04:26 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,641,163 times
Breakfast: one cup of flaxseed, honey, and granola whole grain cereal with low-fat milk, and a quarter of a grapefruit

Snack: Acai juice and a handful of wheat thins crackers

Lunch: A turkey sandwich of whole wheat bread, 4 ounces of turkey, a slice of reduced-fat white cheese, lots of lettuce, two thin slices of tomato, a teaspoon of mustard, a teaspoon of light mayonnaise, and a few unsalted nuts; a cup of Acai juice

Snack: unsalted nuts and a hard-broiled egg white

Dinner: Boiled potatoes with garlic, ground pepper and basil, and 4 ounces of lightly seasoned chicken breast with collard greens and an egg white

Old 01-27-2011, 06:24 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

Dinner: Its Tony Romas tonight. Full slab of baby back ribs, steamed broccoli, beans. Water.

Snack: Protein drink after a couple of hours of Kung Fu
Edit: Didnt go to Tony Romas, so for dinner (which I just finished) was spagetti - whole wheat pasta with ground turkey. Water.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:59 PM

Can I just say I KILLED shoulders and arms today! Grrrrrrr! lol

Where's the little muscle smiley when you need it?

Old 01-27-2011, 10:54 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,256,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Lady,

What is red hummus? Or is that the color of the wrap?
oops, it was spicy red pepper hummus!! LOL!!

Old 01-28-2011, 05:54 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,135,913 times
just started with the oatmeal...

Old 01-28-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
oops, it was spicy red pepper hummus!! LOL!!
OH okay! Darn and I thought I was going to be getting a new recipe or food item to add to my list here...tease!

lol

Old 01-28-2011, 06:53 AM

Thank Goodness it's FRIDAY!!!

What are you eating today?

Breakfast:
Quinoa with apples, cinnmamon and almonds. Made 4 servings yesterday so having it again this morning.
Coffee with cinnamon and a little half and half

Snack:
Sliced cucumbers with hummus

Lunch:
Pasta Fagioli Soup (still have some left over)
Chop veggie salad

Snack:
Handful of almonds or greek yogurt

Dinner:
We usually go out every Friday evening. Boys have hockey practice and we go to dinner from there. I'll most likely get grilled chicken or fish, veggie and side salad. I'll post what I ate later tonight (for the accountability)

Workout today is the P90x yoga
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss