Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:12 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,065,599 times

Advertisements

Haven't posted in a few days...

Today it's the following:

Breakfast:
-Quinoa with apples, cinnamon and sliced almonds
-coffee with cinnamon and half and half

Snack:
I had planned on a banana but I wasn't hungry so skipped it.

Lunch:
-Leftover slice of spinach stromboli (pizza dough rolled up with spinach, sliced mushrooms and shredded italian cheeses)
-Salad (greens, chickpeas, cucumber, bell peppers, tomatoes, dill, 1TBSP of crumbled blue cheese and balsamic vinegar)

Snack:
Hummus and pepper strips if I'm hungry later. I may skip it and take a nap instead! Fighting a chest cold the last few days and feeling cruddy.

Dinner:
-slice of foccacia with zucchini, sliced roma tomatoes, carmelized onion and garlic and shredded italian cheese
-Mixed green salad (I may add half of a leftover chicken breast)

Family is having Italian sausage soup along with the focaccia (sausage, tortellini, zucchini in a tomato base).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 10:37 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,256,348 times
Breakfast:
blueberry bran muffin from Zen Bakery (these muffins are SO DENSE....SO FULL OF FIBER..HINT HINT!!)
Ralph's Carbmaster yogurt
apple (Pink Lady variety)

Lunch:
went to Panda Express
had steamed veggies
string bean chicken breast
2 veggie egg rolls

Dinner:
my low carb tortilla with red pepper hummus and the bistro lettuce mix
sauteed spinach with shrimp
fat free frozen yogurt
cheese popcorn (disaster!)

Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 AM

Yesterday I skipped the afternoon snack as well but added a handful of nuts before bed.

Dinner was foccacia, salad and instead of 1/2 a chicken breast I had 1 cup of progresso light chicken noodle soup. Sometimes it sucks not being able to eat what the family does BUT...we did chest and back last night and my husband said he could taste his spicy soup multiple times through the workout...LOL, not me!

Today I'm not sure what I'm making for dinner but here's my day so far:

Breakfast:
-Greek yogurt (5 of the 6oz...my puppy decided to help himself to the last of it when I walked away to answer the phone!)
-Banana

Snack:
pepper strips with hummus

Lunch (planning on):
-Hard boiled egg
-Chop Salad (chopped mixed greens, diced peppers, broccoli sprouts, avacado, black beans, tomatoes, cukes and maybe some salsa and a dab of greek yogurt mixed together for "dressing")

Snack:
1oz pepper jack and triscuits

Dinner:
Not sure yet. I'm in the mood for turkey breast, sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli...hopefully my grocery store has a large, fresh breast.
Can usually only find it at the holidays so it might be blackened fish with mango salsa, gingered carrots and wild rice...decisions, decisions...lol

Old 02-08-2011, 08:53 AM

990 posts, read 1,725,749 times
Right now I'm eating cauliflower with fat free ranch dressing.Good snack!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:37 AM

You should try your cauliflower roasted, soooooooo good!

Cut your cauliflower into florets and toss in a gallon zip-lock. Add a little olive oil and minced garlic and whatever seasonings you want. I like it a bit on the spicy side so I'll add red pepper flake or cayenne, thyme, salt and pepper, sometimes a little grated romano at the end of cooking.

Roast in the oven at 400 until desired tenderness. I prefer mine to be on the crunchy side (I cover it so it doesn't burn but some people like the burnt edges).

Old 02-08-2011, 10:42 AM

LadyK...the shrimp with spinach sounds so yummy!

I love sauteed spinach (when I make it at home).

I once went to a small, family owned italian rest. and saw they had it on the menu....so naturally I ordered it as a side.

Wow I was sooooo disappointed when it came to me and it was SWIMMING in oil...I wound up politely sending it back and the chef came out and asked if there was a way I preferred it cooked. I felt really bad because I'm sure I insulted his cooking but told him how I usually did mine at home and a few minutes later out comes sauteed spinach done my way...LOL

Old 02-08-2011, 06:08 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,709,514 times
kinda unhealthy today:

Breakfast: Milk, pineapple and peanut butter toast
Lunch: fried chicken and rice/veggies
Dinner: Beer and mixed green salad with chicken

Yikes

Tomorrow will be a healthier day. LOL

Old 02-08-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
kinda unhealthy today:

Breakfast: Milk, pineapple and peanut butter toast
Lunch: fried chicken and rice/veggies
Dinner: Beer and mixed green salad with chicken

Yikes

Tomorrow will be a healthier day. LOL
That's not too bad! Don't beat yourself up!

Old 02-08-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post

Here's the revised addition:

Breakfast:
-Greek yogurt (5 of the 6oz...my puppy decided to help himself to the last of it when I walked away to answer the phone!)
-Banana

Snack:
pepper strips with hummus didn't eat this, ate the egg I planned for lunch instead.

Lunch (planning on):
-Hard boiled egg ate this for snack earlier
-Chop Salad (chopped mixed greens, diced peppers, broccoli sprouts, avacado, black beans, tomatoes, cukes and maybe some salsa and a dab of greek yogurt mixed together for "dressing") Got lazy and just had a simple salad (mixed greens, tomato, cuke, broccoli sprouts, TBSP of reduced fat feta and balsamic vinegar)

Snack:
1oz pepper jack and triscuits skipped this snack

Dinner:
Not sure yet. I'm in the mood for turkey breast, sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli...hopefully my grocery store has a large, fresh breast.
Can usually only find it at the holidays so it might be blackened fish with mango salsa, gingered carrots and wild rice...decisions, decisions...lol
Ate the turkey and had TWO glasses of wine...felt like I had to wallow in my own self-pity this evening. Oh well...tomorrow is a new day.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:00 AM

610 posts, read 1,295,477 times
breakfast: whole-grain cereal with lowfat-milk; 1200 kcal
lunch: whatever's served in the studentsrestaurant; 500-800 kcal
Dinner: bloodpudding; 800 kcal
evening snack: whey-butter sandwitch; 300 kcal

total intake: 2800-3100 kcal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss