Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 05:54 PM

796 posts, read 507,574 times

Advertisements

I been to a couple of international grocery stores and Asian owned beauty supply stores and seen this diet tea in a green box. You supposed to drink it after meals two times a day. Does this really help you loose weight and look better and thinner? I heard it was good for cleaning your system. Has anybody tried it? What are your reviews of it? I will try to get a pic of the box online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 01:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,287,303 times
Those are usually very high in caffine. I suspect the "weight loss" comes from becoming hyper and jittery and bouncing off the walls.. And burning off calories making multiple trips to the john every hour.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:22 PM

415 posts, read 451,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
I been to a couple of international grocery stores and Asian owned beauty supply stores and seen this diet tea in a green box. You supposed to drink it after meals two times a day. Does this really help you loose weight and look better and thinner? I heard it was good for cleaning your system. Has anybody tried it? What are your reviews of it? I will try to get a pic of the box online.
There's no such thing if you are healthy. The body already discards everything it needs to.
The food in your stomach absorbs the water, there's more volume, you feel fuller.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:52 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,869,484 times
Just avoid anything that advertises itself as, or promotes the idea of, colonic cleansing.

The colon is *supposed* to be dirty. That is its function; to transport solid waste. A blocked colon, not caused by constipation (which is easily fixed with certain foods, or a mild laxative), is a medical condition that requires attention by a doctor, not a visit to the herb shop. If you're not blocked, and you're not constipated, and you don't have the runs, and you have to eliminate your waste every day, then you have no need to cleanse your colon.

Colon cleansing just puts stress on the colon. Sort of like pouring draino into the toilet every day to keep the pipes clean. You're just going to wear out the pipes, to clean something that doesn't need to be cleaned uness it's actually stopped up.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:56 AM

14,577 posts, read 23,137,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Just avoid anything that advertises itself as, or promotes the idea of, colonic cleansing.

The colon is *supposed* to be dirty. That is its function; to transport solid waste. A blocked colon, not caused by constipation (which is easily fixed with certain foods, or a mild laxative), is a medical condition that requires attention by a doctor, not a visit to the herb shop. If you're not blocked, and you're not constipated, and you don't have the runs, and you have to eliminate your waste every day, then you have no need to cleanse your colon.

Colon cleansing just puts stress on the colon. Sort of like pouring draino into the toilet every day to keep the pipes clean. You're just going to wear out the pipes, to clean something that doesn't need to be cleaned uness it's actually stopped up.
Quoted for truth.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:26 PM

107 posts, read 258,640 times
Diet teas like you describe frequently contain laxatives such as senna and may also contain diuretics.

While you might spend more time in the loo, they'll do nothing to help you lose fat.

I also agree with the above comments regarding 'cleansing'. Many experts, including Dr. Oz, will tell you that your body cleanses itself. Drink plenty of water and consume at least 25 grams of fiber in your diet daily and your body will do the rest.

If you want your body to be free of the bad stuff, it starts with the fork

Old 05-11-2011, 04:54 PM

796 posts, read 507,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerSue View Post
Diet teas like you describe frequently contain laxatives such as senna and may also contain diuretics.

While you might spend more time in the loo, they'll do nothing to help you lose fat.

I also agree with the above comments regarding 'cleansing'. Many experts, including Dr. Oz, will tell you that your body cleanses itself. Drink plenty of water and consume at least 25 grams of fiber in your diet daily and your body will do the rest.

If you want your body to be free of the bad stuff, it starts with the fork

Thanks for the advise. Senna is one of the ingredients and I did hear the tea will send you to the toilet ALL day so I will not try it.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:03 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,739,074 times
That stuff is best used when you are actually bloated or constipated on occasion. If you use it all the time it can make your colon walls weak which means for constipation without the tea. It can create dependency. If you use it on occasion it should not be a problem. BUT use it on your day off. Senna gives some people cramps.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:40 PM

5 posts, read 9,275 times
Hi All, very good stuff to share , I will add some thing about the diet tea sometimes called as green tea. I agree with the members that it took almost no effect but the important thing is that is it good as compared to Coffee and mix black tea ? Then being lighter and extract of green tea leaves , it is more digestive,thin and happily accepted by Stomach.But no any other extra ordinary benefit.
Fibers and water is most beneficial. Drink almost 20-25 glasses daily if not try at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss