Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 04:55 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,740,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I'm currently looking for some work - I was wondering if I can come to your place and install about 50 more mirrors for you.
Seriously, that whole wheat bread isn't any good for you at all. Whole grain bread is good for you.
I get ripped every day. I eat whatever the hell I wanna eat.
I eat like a horse, not a rabbit.
The sex you may have is no better than the sex anyone else has.
......................................The End...........................................
i see your post was deleted. Seriously, that grown man is acting like a 13 year old little boy. It's apparently obvious that the administrators have favorites on these forums. Anyone with half a brain could of figured that out. Another reason why I hate this forum.

I would have given you a million rep points if I could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 05:08 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,740,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Except, according to a thread YOU started, you want to lose 100 pounds, not "a couple of pounds."
If i lost 100lbs I would still be obese, I am just trying to lower my bp.
Quote:
According to your own post in the HCG diet thread:

which implies that you have actually paid for and used this scam fraud non-diet injected substance, which is rather expensive per shot. Otherwise you wouldn't have experienced any results, let alone amazing results, and you would have been incapable of comparing your results on it to what you lost in several months.

And this, of course, implies that you can afford those injections, which means you can afford to eat healthy, which means that all of your other posts (and there are many) complaining about how you can't afford good food, that your mother does all the shopping, that you have no transportation off the farm, etc. etc. etc..is a lie.

Or - you are lying about the amazing results.

Either way, it pretty much destroys any credibility you had left - which wasn't all that much to some, and was not really any at all to others.
Did you read what I posted? It seems you have misinterpreted my posts once again.I was saying that the OP on that thread had amazing results, not me. When I said at the rate that I have been going, it means I haven't lost any weight with using plain diet & exercise compared to her. I have not paid for anything. I don't even had a dag gone credit card to purchase them even if I had wanted to. The only thing I saw online were the drops and I simply asked the OP would they have worked as good as the injections. Losing 150+ seems to be unrealistic at the rate i am going.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:56 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,141,966 times
One thing no one seem to have pointed out on this thread is that fast food is FAST, not just because you buy it and don't have to prepare it, but you can buy it when you are out and can't get home to prepare a meal.

I personally don't eat fast food from places like McDonalds, Wendys, KFC, etc. I don't like it and it makes me feel like I'm being poisoned. But there have been times due to my own poor planning that I have ended up at work without bringing a lunch and I am forced to go find something to eat. If I had a Whole Foods near my job I would simply go and get a salad or a healthy entree, but I unfortunately I don't.

If I didn't prepare in advance and during the day don't want to starve, I have to buy food from some takeout place. Even the healthiest of healthy places by me still are going to put something into the food that I wouldn't -- like if I order eggs, they might be made with butter. If I buy an egg muffin from Dunkin Donuts, I can't even be sure they use real eggs. Sometimes I end up getting a bagel and cream cheese, which I know isn't good for me (is this considered fast food?)

I know this is my fault for not properly planning. I wonder if anyone can link me to some good threads about menu ideas for cooking healthy food in advance so I could cook on a Sunday and have food for at least 3 days. Thanks.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:26 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Try searching for freezer cooking, or Once A Month Cooking. You can adapt their ideas to your needs.

I personally will make and freeze things like quiche, chili, spaghetti sauce, lasagne (I make mine w/o noodles, tho), and bases for meals like grilled chicken breast, cooked hamburger, hamburger patties, etc.

HTH

Old 09-03-2011, 07:33 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Oh, and another thing - PLEASE GET OFF OF THE SMOOTHIE CRAZE!!!

People who go on and on about how they love their smoothies are almost as annoying as smokers. Instead of actually eating a piece (i.e., ONE serving) of fruit along with a well balanced meal or as a desert, they throw in 5-7 SERVINGS of fruit into a blender and drink it and mistakenly think "Oh I am getting healthy!". NO YOU ARE NOT!!! You are continuing on a Get-Fat-Quick diet because of all the sugars in your no so healthy smoothie.
I hate the way that smoothie recipes are always about being sweet. God, I get so tired of everything being sweet! enough already. I got one recipe for a bloody mary smoothie that was spicy but you can't drink it for every meal!

I wish people would understand that not everybody likes sweet stuff.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-03-2011, 07:37 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
One thing no one seem to have pointed out on this thread is that fast food is FAST, not just because you buy it and don't have to prepare it, but you can buy it when you are out and can't get home to prepare a meal.

I know this is my fault for not properly planning. I wonder if anyone can link me to some good threads about menu ideas for cooking healthy food in advance so I could cook on a Sunday and have food for at least 3 days. Thanks.
These 'emergencies' are why my friends often keep food in different places. Like prepared lentil packages or hummus packages or a power bar (not ideal, of course)...at work or a frozen meal in the work freezer, etc. If you go around without a plan, you set yourself up for failure.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:38 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
It's not cheaper, but it's a lot more convenient to eat unhealthy in most areas of this country where there are 50 fast food places and one grocery store within a 5 mile radius. There's also the convenience of not having to cook and in some cases, not even having to get out of your car.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:03 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,798,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I hate the way that smoothie recipes are always about being sweet. God, I get so tired of everything being sweet! enough already. I got one recipe for a bloody mary smoothie that was spicy but you can't drink it for every meal!

I wish people would understand that not everybody likes sweet stuff.

20yrsinBranson
I call non-sweet smoothies "cold soup puree." I can't stand cold soup. I'm not all that fond of puree either, but if I could add some chunks of tomatoes and pastine and lentils, I'll enjoy that steaming hot, with a slice of crusty italian bread to soak up the bottom of the bowl. And - served in a bowl, not a milkshake glass. That's just sacrelige. =)

Old 09-04-2011, 03:45 AM

1,349 posts, read 664,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Oh honey, you really are still just a child, aren't you.

Contrary to what you have been told; it is MUCH more enjoyable if you don't just lay there like a dead dumb fish and let the guy do "all the work".

As a matter of fact, there are quite a few HIGHLY enjoyable positions in which the guy lays there and the woman "does the work". VERY HIGHLY ENJOYABLE!

Your still a teenager, wait till you hit your peak, then you will understand, promise.
I promise too

Old 09-05-2011, 07:04 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,003,984 times
I totally agree with the premise of this thread. Even when I do eat my one downfall (cup of noodles), I do wash the seasoning out of the noodles and boil the noodles with some vegetable and chicken or shrimp topped with chili paste and I love it. And I drain all and never eat the broth. Otherwise, I get stuff on sale and only on sale and never buy junk food. I own one bar of chocolate (dark) and I might have a square once every two months if at that. No cookies, no chips, no pizzas, no anything.

However, OP, your choices are less than appealing to me. I'd go for a lentil soup wth potatoes or a tortilla espanola (eggs, potatoes and sausage cooked in olive oil) before I'd eat what you described. I really think it's all about portion control and I can eat big portions of what I described above. But I do agree with your premise.

On the rare occasions I'll go to a McDonalds, it's always the 250 calorie hamburger and if I'm really in treat mode a small fry at 250 calories (both cheaper and hamburger cheaper than dollar menu and fries on the dollar menu). Then I make a sandwich out of it with picante sauce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss