Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 05:11 PM

659 posts, read 1,015,410 times

Advertisements

seems legit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 05:50 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,803,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
seems legit.
Yes, it is a legal entity. It is a valid multi-level-marketing company. It is also known among people who sell, or have sold, in the MLM arena, as selling products that are *waaaaaaaayyyy* overpriced for what they are, and encouraging people by that ridiculous overcharge, to become salesmen of the product so they can get a discount (which lets them buy it only really overcharged, instead of *waaaaaayyyyy* overcharged). And then, once they become sales reps, they get pressured by their upline to sell, even if they only became reps to buy at a discount, and they're "encouraged" to impose their ridiculous sales tactics on all their family and friends, until no one wants to talk to them anymore.

And then, they get burnt out, stop selling it, lose their right to buy at a discount, and go back to buying multivitamins at the supermarket.

But that is how MLMs work.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:25 PM

I think you're getting a little over emotional about this.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
I think you're getting a little over emotional about this.
Not really; I get more irritated when there's a whole page of posts, discussing something, when I go into detail explaining it, and then someone bumps the thread more than 4 months later with a one-liner indicating quite clearly that they haven't bothered to read the rest of the thread.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Not really; I get more irritated when there's a whole page of posts, discussing something, when I go into detail explaining it, and then someone bumps the thread more than 4 months later with a one-liner indicating quite clearly that they haven't bothered to read the rest of the thread.

um you were the one that bumped up the thread from 4 months ago.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:29 AM

Ah that's right - someone repped me and I clicked the rep to find out what I said that deserved the rep, and it led me here with a reminder at the bottom that I'm encouraged to bump the thread. My point stands though:

The entire first page was in reference to MonaVie/Body by Vi, both of which are the same thing, do the same thing, in the same way. The entire first page was a detailed account of a couple peoples' experiences with it, plus mine with the MLM market.

And then you show up saying "it seems legit" with not a single word indicating that you have read the first page (which was the -only- page at the time), and having read that entire first page, have come to the conclusion that it seems legit.

And so - I say - yes, it is a legitimate MLM. That means, it legitimately parts suckers from their money for products that are overhyped and overpriced, and coerces them into becoming distributors so they can get a discount, and when they do this, they are then further coerced, pressured, and sometimes even threatened, to sell it to their friends and family.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:04 AM

221 posts, read 484,479 times
Quote:
And so - I say - yes, it is a legitimate MLM. That means, it legitimately parts suckers from their money for products that are overhyped and overpriced, and coerces them into becoming distributors so they can get a discount, and when they do this, they are then further coerced, pressured, and sometimes even threatened, to sell it to their friends and family.
Pretty much. Nothing really changes in terms of how the products are made, some have more of this and that but the rest are all marketing and hyping up the products for maximum profit. Nutrition industry is very lucrative if done right.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Ah that's right - someone repped me and I clicked the rep to find out what I said that deserved the rep, and it led me here with a reminder at the bottom that I'm encouraged to bump the thread.

Seems legit

Old 08-29-2012, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,460 times
I hate that MLM companies get such a bad rap. Doesn't EVERY company market themselves as the best of the best? You try something great, you share it with your friends, that's what we do. So your friend makes a profit off of it, does that make it any less authentic than the bag of protein/whey powder-that tastes like chalk-that you can get at GNC? The only difference is someone else is making a profit on it. You have a business, of course you will market your products, that's capitalism. That's what makes our country great. It's really too bad that a few bad apples can ruin a whole way of doing business. Not every Network Marketing company is a scam. Some actually want to just help people. Mary Kay, Avon, Amway....call them what you will, but alot of people have done very well with these companies and have helped others become confident in becoming successful too. If you believe it, you CAN achieve it. With MLM or anything else in life. That's the way it works, not just with MLM companies. Kudos to the Mother in Law for making it happen for herself!
Dawnn
Small Business owner and Entrepreneur -NOT in MLM.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:34 PM

200 posts, read 565,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnnhan View Post
I hate that MLM companies get such a bad rap. Doesn't EVERY company market themselves as the best of the best? You try something great, you share it with your friends, that's what we do. So your friend makes a profit off of it, does that make it any less authentic than the bag of protein/whey powder-that tastes like chalk-that you can get at GNC? The only difference is someone else is making a profit on it. You have a business, of course you will market your products, that's capitalism. That's what makes our country great. It's really too bad that a few bad apples can ruin a whole way of doing business. Not every Network Marketing company is a scam. Some actually want to just help people. Mary Kay, Avon, Amway....call them what you will, but alot of people have done very well with these companies and have helped others become confident in becoming successful too. If you believe it, you CAN achieve it. With MLM or anything else in life. That's the way it works, not just with MLM companies. Kudos to the Mother in Law for making it happen for herself!
Dawnn
Small Business owner and Entrepreneur -NOT in MLM.
Agreed.

Here is an update on my MIL who started body-by-vi in Jan/Feb of 2012. She still uses it. She has lost 25 overall. The last few months she didn't stick to the 2 shakes a day as well as she did the first few months. But she has maintained her loss without exercising. People tell her she looks great and asks what she has been doing, she simbly says body-by-vi. And that is the end of conversation. She hasn't sold any. She doesn't try to sell it. She simply tells people when they ask and if they ask more she responds.

I agree she can get the same thing for less at gnc. But that doesn't matter. She dedicated herself to something and it has given postive results without putting her health at risk or any of her friendships. Therefore, I will continue to support it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss