Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 06:35 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,205,035 times

Advertisements

I like the KIND bars as a good healthy snack and they give me my sugar fix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 06:45 PM

1,738 posts, read 768,907 times
I have never tried those. I don't think I have heard of them before. Are the good? Are there just certain stores that sell them? I like the Skinny Cow treats and Atkins bars for my sugar "treat". Thanks for mentioning those. I will keep a look out for those.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloWorldItsMe View Post
I have never tried those. I don't think I have heard of them before. Are the good? Are there just certain stores that sell them? I like the Skinny Cow treats and Atkins bars for my sugar "treat". Thanks for mentioning those. I will keep a look out for those.
Yes, they are great. ALL Natural.Really.

You can find them in any LARGE Chain grocery store as well as health food stores. Starbucks has them also.
My suggestion woud be to search online (Amazon link>>>>) and buy a box of 12 for about $15. That is, after you've tried one first.

They have "mini's" as well but I get the full sized bar. You'll like them.

This link will list the different flavors: FLAVORS.

Very flavorful.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:10 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,838,861 times
Nice drive by advertising.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:18 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,944,289 times
I like Lara Bars or Clif Nectar more.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:02 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,993,111 times
I eat KIND bars all the time. They are a "go-to" for me when I travel. We buy a box or two and have them in the house.

I actually sat next to a KIND representative on a plane a few weeks ago. She gave me some free samples of new bars and they were so good. They have been doing market research and plan to have smaller bars that act as desserts. I tried one, it was amazing. They have even gone as far as working to pair them with beers and wines. Interesting concept.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:31 AM

4,681 posts, read 5,005,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I like the KIND bars as a good healthy snack and they give me my sugar fix.
Probably an oxymoron.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Probably an oxymoron.
No it's not a oxymoron.

Oranges, berries and grapes are sweet but still healthy. Correct?

Old 04-21-2012, 01:46 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,350,949 times
No, most of those bars are basically junk food. Some of them have nutritionals comparable to a frickin' Snickers bar (those peanuts really add protein) and if you're going to waste 280 calories on junk food, might as well go for a Snickers. They're cheaper.

Not all bars are junk, but Kind bars are. Pure. Junk.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:18 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,834,066 times
I checked out some of the ingredients lists on their main website.

Peanutbutter Dark Chocolate + protein:
Contains no peanutbutter, and contains no dark chocolate.

It does contain peanuts, and cocoa powder blended with palm kernel oil. But neither constitutes the former. This bar also is 60% fat (total 200 calories, 120 of them is fat)

Almond Walnut Macadamia with Peanuts:

Should be called Peanuts with Almond Walnut Macadamia; Peanuts is the first ingredient. Their nutritional info bar is also missing most of the ingredients; it cuts off at a comma.

Another 60% fat product.

Almond Cashew + Flax (Omega-3)
Assuming the ingredients list is complete (and from seeing the obviously incomplete one above, I'm now skeptical), this one should rightly be called Dates, Almond, Cashew. The flax amount in this product is inconsequential. This variety is "only" 50% fat.

The miniature Cranberry Almonst + Antioxidants:
115 calories total, with 69% of it fat. That's almost 80% of the calories from fat. Probably because instead of just plain dried cranberries, they've rolled those cranberries in sugar and sunflower oil. The upside of this one: they've used real actua honey, instead of "NonGMO glucose" which is - basically grape sugar, the stuff that kills, the ingredient most likely to contribute to diabetes and/or sugar shock.

I think a previous poster had the right idea - if you really want a snack bar, go for the Snickers. At least they don't lie and pretend to be healthful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss