Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 07:36 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
First of all what is a himan? Humans have teeth and digestive tracts that clearly show favoritism towards herbivorism. When was the last time you ran over to a wild cow and took a bite out of it? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Almost all vegans do not eat poisonous agricultural waste. What an ignorant statement. Most vegans are educated consumers and a lot of us don't consume soy because it pumps people up with estrogen. Lastly, only fad vegans eat meat substitutes on any type of regular basis. Most of us don't eat that crap.
I am not going to be shamed by a typo. That is so weak. But unsurprising given the subject matter, a guy like you is always going to go there. Weak.

And yes, most vegans eat agricultural waste, probably 80%. That is what soy protein isolate is- you obviously haven't a clue of what I am talking about. It is cardboard filler, remarketed as a food product in the 60s or so. Furthermore it contains a nerotoxin. But you vegans just keep on pretending that your diet makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 09:37 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Then what is your point? The CDC site doesn't indicate a lot of different causes of death and therefore is inaccurate. You probably won't be able to find an accurate count anywhere because they will all have different data or agendas. This is what makes the internet a wonderful resource for arguing any point one can possibly fathom.
That's my point. So when you post data and say "These are the facts!!!!" - remind yourself of what you wrote.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:36 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I am not going to be shamed by a typo. That is so weak. But unsurprising given the subject matter, a guy like you is always going to go there. Weak.

And yes, most vegans eat agricultural waste, probably 80%. That is what soy protein isolate is- you obviously haven't a clue of what I am talking about. It is cardboard filler, remarketed as a food product in the 60s or so. Furthermore it contains a nerotoxin. But you vegans just keep on pretending that your diet makes sense.
It wasn't one typo it was a few and it made a bit difficult to understand what you were blabbing on about. You're completely full of it. I am a vegan and I do not eat soy or soy products that are not fermented or processed foods that may contain soy. I know other vegans like myself so I don't know where you're getting your inaccurate numbers from.

Veganism isn't a diet, its a lifestyle choice to give up using animal products for numerous reasons that go beyond just health. The health statistics of fruit & vegetables are pretty flawless compared to meat & dairy. No one is running around telling people that eat broccoli that they're going to get cancer from it, in actuality many studies exist claiming to eat that way fights cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's my point. So when you post data and say "These are the facts!!!!" - remind yourself of what you wrote.
So your point is that points are pointless? Fantastic! Glad you could chime in. But no really, just because the CDC decides to neglect that there are over 100,000 deaths per year from prescription medication doesn't mean it didn't happen. It also doesn't have a lot to do with fat loss but rather me extrapolating upon information I tumbled upon this semester with research papers for college. There is an abundance of information out there that should make any intelligent person question authority over our food supply coming from government that is heavily influenced by lobbying (not to mention pharmaceutical companies favoring profits over people's health).

No one is looking out for you or your health except yourself. I've done my research and tried out different things and I've come to the conclusion that a vegan lifestyle is the healthiest and makes the most sense for me (and probably everybody else as well). My body results and energy level speak louder than anything I could possibly say and lets be honest here, most people aren't persuaded by arguments anyhow. It doesn't hurt anyone to try it out and if after a month or so you don't feel much more active and healthy then go back to your meat & dairy indulging ways. I think most people who try veganism fail because they don't make delicious foods and instead settle for endless salad.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:05 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
If God didn't want us to eat animal's he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

On a serious note, the age old argument of 'my eating habits are better than yours' will go on forever. Just eat whatever works for you but do not assume that your way of eating is the 'best' way of eating. You can find data supporting the craziest of diets and data that bashes the healthiest of diets. So what is the point of arguing?

Old 08-23-2012, 10:37 PM

5 posts, read 4,231 times
Swimming is a great way to burn calories. It’s a low impact exercise which means there is no pressure or impact put on a person’s joints or bones.

[mod]see note[/mod]

Last edited by Count David; 08-23-2012 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: new members are not allowed to post links
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss