Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 12:32 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,802,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell2525 View Post
Thank you,

I love ice cream and keep eating it at night night too.

Ok, so I will not eat chips. What about almonds and peanuts? I eat this while at work.

What about:

oatmeal with milk
Raisin Bran Cereal
fresh cut pineapples
grapes
fried fish and chicken

thanks
Depends on your goals and what you believe is good for your body.
I follow Primal/Paleo so no peanuts for me (legumes is considered a no-no, you can google that and make your own decision).
No oatmeal for me, but if you do at least eat the real steal cut oats version you cook on a stove top.
No raisen bran. All cereal is garbage.
Fruit in limited quantities. It's high in fructose. Berries are your best bet.
Fried?! At least use something other than soy/vegetable oil. Try coconut oil and pan fry. Google for healthier coatings using things like coconut flakes, almond flour, etc.
You can also make your own icecream out of coconut milk, local honey and eggs and use things like fresh vanilla beans, fruit, dark chocolate, etc for different flavors. Leave the Dreyers in the freezer case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 01:04 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell2525 View Post
Thank you,

I love ice cream and keep eating it at night night too.

Ok, so I will not eat chips. What about almonds and peanuts? I eat this while at work.

What about:

oatmeal with milk
Raisin Bran Cereal
fresh cut pineapples
grapes
fried fish and chicken

thanks
Almonds are better for you than peanuts, make yourself a trail mix with lowfat granola, raisins and almonds for your snack at work. Pineapple is good, PB with apple slices, grapes all good. Avoid fried foods if you can or limit the fried stuff to maybe 2 times a month, broil or grill your fish, bake, broil or grill your chicken. If I eat after 8:00 pm I am up all night and can't sleep. I would drink 2 glasses of water before bed to avoid snacking late at night. Cut up carrots and celery sticks with a little blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping is good too. Good Luck If you want any low fat recipes with lots of flavor and taste I'd be happy to DM you some for fish and chicken. Not to pat myself on the back but I am pretty good cook too

Old 05-31-2012, 03:23 PM

878 posts, read 2,736,828 times
I have started a weight loss program and I am now in week 10. I cannot starve myself so had to find a workable program for me. I limit myself to 1200 calories a day and exercise so get back about 400 calories so can go up to 1600. Here is some key things I do.

For exercise, I walk, I mostly walk outside and do 4-6 miles per day. Walking in my neighborhood is more interesting than on a treadmill. I do it first thing in the morning before breakfast. I spend at least 90 minutes walking. Then I come home and have a relaxing breakfast.

I then have a very full breakfast. Normally, 2 eggs, 3 slices turkey bacon and 2 slices of wheat bread with coffee. For lunch I have fruit, maybe 2-3, nice filling ones like mangos etc.

Now the key for me is this. I have dinner early, no later than 3pm. I have cut out rice and pasta and only have them on the weekend. I love to cook, so I make various stews and eat with vegetables only. Like today, I had cuccumber, baby carrots and kabocha squash with stew chicken.

Then if I get hungry later in the day, I treat myself to a mini chocolate bar and a piece of fruit and end my day with a cup of green tea, without sugar.

Now, I do not drink sodas or juices so any drinks I have is water or a glass of wine with dinner.

I am satisfied with my weight loss which is about 1.5 pounds a week as I find although it does not seem like much, it is more sustainable. I treat myself on weekends and I walk 6 days a week and easily do over 30 miles per week.

There is truth in "walking off the weight".

After 9 weeks, I am doing 13 pounds and I am very happy with that pace. But the key is you must stick to your plan.

I am not a fan of drinking water and can only really stomach it if I squeezse lemon in it. I probably drink no more than 3-4 glasses a day. Wish I could do more.

Good luck.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:00 AM

3 posts, read 2,894 times
Cut calorie diet and check your calories each week.Avoid junk foods and fried food.Set regular plan your daily meal and drink 5-6 letter water per day.Do regular exercise like walking,cycling any activity.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:04 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
oatmeal with milk--sure fine, and you can put a little fruit and nuts on it but my favorite way to eat it is with butter and brown sugar which isn't so great when trying to lose weight.
Raisin Bran Cereal I'm with d2mini in believing that all cold cereals are garbage but if you must have it, you could do worse than this.
fresh cut pineapples, grapes Fruit is good but don't over do as it has a lot of sugar
fried fish and chickenSkip the fried and either bake a chicken (easy) or get a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store when you're rushed for time.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:13 AM

467 posts, read 664,638 times
Eat 70+ grams of animal protein a day with an emphasis on dairy, healthy fats like coconut oil and butter & stop eating grains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss