Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 10:52 PM

151 posts, read 270,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by xzane
"I for one being a fit male will never date someone who shows such disrespect for their own body, it sickens me."

"IF you want to live your life avoiding sex because your worried about STD's then good for you, but I enjoy sex with strangers, it turns me on (BTW i use protection)"

"Consistent and correct use of male latex condoms can reduce (though not eliminate) the risk of STD transmission. To achieve the maximum protective effect, condoms must be used both consistently and correctly. Inconsistent use can lead to STD acquisition because transmission can occur with a single act of intercourse with an infected partner. Similarly, if condoms are not used correctly, the protective effect may be diminished even when they are used consistently. The most reliable ways to avoid transmission of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), are to abstain from sexual activity or to be in a long-term mutually monogamous relationship with an uninfected partner. However, many infected persons may be unaware of their infections because STDs are often asymptomatic or unrecognized."
CDC - Condom Effectiveness - Male Latex Condoms and Sexually Transmitted Diseases

"Anyway lets not let this thread get hijacked by jealous nerds who cant get any so they justify not getting any by preaching the dangers of STD's. Keep up with the one night stand stories they are gold."

So you are aware of the dangers of STD's but then think that you can lecture fat people about *their* disrespect for *their* bodies? Please. Nothing but absolute hypocrisy from someone who obviously suffers from very low self-confidence.

As I have already told you many of times is that I am aware of the risks of having regular sex and I accept responsibly for my lifestyle choices. I do not go around saying that "its not my fault I enjoy sex with strangers and i cant help it" I also dont tell kids that" if you have sex with strangers you are fine as you are and its not your fault"

Besides comparing intercourse health risks with obesity health risks is like comparing apples and oranges
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Yes, I think that the constant obsession with skinny people trying to make everyone else into their own image is sickening and NAAFA is trying to combat that...

The embarrassment comes in with people like you trying to degrade and make fun of other people...

Correction, no we are pushing for a healthier lifestyle, you know since obesity is one of the biggest killers in this country and children are now becoming overweight.

Quote:
It tries to combat the sick mental attitudes of people who try and dictate what is "healthy" and what a persons personal responsibility should be....
Oh im sorry you take offence to doctors saying that obesity is bad for you.

Quote:
Why do elitists always think their lifestyle is the best lifestyle? They should keep their noses in their own backyard and learn a simple motto:
Maybe we are pushing for healthy eating and regular excise because it has been proven to be good for you

Old 07-14-2012, 11:03 PM

749 posts, read 838,829 times
We now live in an age where a person is "born that way", and therefore isn't expected to be responsible for their actions, their lifestyle, or even so much as to the amount of food they shove into themselves on a regular basis.

To them I say: Go ahead, eat yourself, smoke yourself, drink yourself into an early grave.....I don't give a sh**! Just make sure when you're lying in the coronary unit of your local hospital, counting the minutes until you flatline yourself into oblivion, that you or your next of kin can pay your bill before you leave us. I'm not terribly interested in helping to foot the bill via increased insurance premiums because you were "born that way".

Old 07-14-2012, 11:05 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
We now live in an age where a person is "born that way", and therefore isn't expected to be responsible for their actions, their lifestyle, or even so much as to the amount of food they shove into themselves on a regular basis.

To them I say: Go ahead, eat yourself, smoke yourself, drink yourself into an early grave.....I don't give a sh**! Just make sure when you're lying in the coronary unit of your local hospital, counting the minutes until you flatline yourself into oblivion, that you or your next of kin can pay your bill before you leave us. I'm not terribly interested in helping to foot the bill via increased insurance premiums because you were "born that way".
Two words

Chris Christie.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
You need some professional help. All you do is makes post about fat people. It's become an obsession. And it's disturbing....

I mean we get it. You don't like fat people.

Next????
No I dont like fat people who make excuses and cant take personal responsibly for their poor lifestyle actions, these fat people love to convince other fat people that they are fine as they are, my best mate is dead because he believed the regular excuses he read on blogs online - I was unable to motivate him to lose the weight because he believed people online who told him that its not his fault he was fat and that just because he was fat it does not mean that he is unhealthy. My beast mates obesity killed him and I believe that if it wasn't for people telling him that he was fine as he was he may have believed that it would have been possible to lose the weight and he would still be alive today.

This political correctness is killing people

Old 07-14-2012, 11:09 PM

749 posts, read 838,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Two words

Chris Christie.
Not sure what you're trying to convey, but if it's wanting me to agree with you, then yes, Chris Christie is a serious fat***** who needs to put down the fork.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:15 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Here's the thing, some people have legitimate medical/genetic issues that do cause obesity. Not a hell of a lot that they can do about it.

Then, we have the other side of the coin. Those who are just fat because of their own behavior and bad eating habits, those who would rather make excuses than get their butts up off the couch and make a change.

I know, I used to be one. 4'11" and 220lbs. At first I blamed everything and everyone except myself and my own bad choices. Fortunately, I was able to get past my personal pity party and lose over 100lbs and i've kept it off for over 30 years.

Do these fat acceptance support groups help anyone? No! They just perpetuate the myth that it's ok to risk your health and abuse your body. They exist to make their members feel better.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Here's the thing, some people have legitimate medical/genetic issues that do cause obesity. Not a hell of a lot that they can do about it.

Then, we have the other side of the coin. Those who are just fat because of their own behavior and bad eating habits, those who would rather make excuses than get their butts up off the couch and make a change.

I know, I used to be one. 4'11" and 220lbs. At first I blamed everything and everyone except myself and my own bad choices. Fortunately, I was able to get past my personal pity party and lose over 100lbs and i've kept it off for over 30 years.

Do these fat acceptance support groups help anyone? No! They just perpetuate the myth that it's ok to risk your health and abuse your body. They exist to make their members feel better.
Finally I was just starting to think this forum was full of people who want to live in denial.

I see that you mention that medical/genetic can play a role - now yes there are some medical/genetic conditions out there what can make it easier for one to gain weight however one can easily offset this with regular exercise and healthy eating. Its very possible for any overweight person to lose the weight with this simple lifestyle change.

Good to hear that you got past your excuses and I wish my mate did that same as you because if he did he may be alive today. To the posters in this thread who want to try and convince others that fat people are not to blame for their weight and that they are fine as they are I hope you feel bad for yourselves because your attitudes are killing people, you are no better then drug addicts telling their other drug addict friends to keep up the drug use - for shame!

Old 07-14-2012, 11:54 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzane View Post
Correction, no we are pushing for a healthier lifestyle, you know since obesity is one of the biggest killers in this country and children are now becoming overweight.
FACTS, here are the top 15 killers of Americans:

1. Diseases of heart
2. Malignant neoplasms (cancer)
3. Chronic lower respiratory diseases (such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and asthma)
4. Cerebrovascular diseases (stroke)
5. Accidents (any injuries that are unintentional)
6. Alzheimer’s disease
7. Diabetes mellitus
8. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis (kidney disease)
9. Influenza and pneumonia
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide)
11. Septicemia
12. Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
13. Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal disease
14. Parkinson’s disease
15. Pneumonitis due to solids and liquids

15 top killers of Americans – - CNN.com Blogs

And here are the leading causes of death in Australia:

1301.0 - Year Book Australia, 2012

Quote:
Oh im sorry you take offence to doctors saying that obesity is bad for you.
And how much money are these doctors making from the companies that have products or services to sell to large people?

Marketing axiom, find something that will cause people to feel humiliated, degraded and second class citizens, then invent and sell products and services to that niche and get doctors who are still somewhat respected to develop tests that show >50% of the population fails those tests so they then can push their fat products and medications to said overweight people....

Quote:
Maybe we are pushing for healthy eating and regular excise because it has been proven to be good for you
So has eliminating stress from both the home and the workplace, the stress of people either loosing their jobs or having their pay cut back because of all the things liberals, environmentalists and greenies have done to restrict even further peoples lives causing even more stress....

If you would *bother* to look back over a thousand years shall we say plump people were considered normal in civilized countries?

It's only been with the rise of elitists who think their habits and lifestyles and skinny life-forms should be the norm....

Last edited by plwhit; 07-15-2012 at 12:02 AM..

Old 07-15-2012, 12:26 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
FACTS, here are the top 15 killers of Americans:

1. Diseases of heart
2. Malignant neoplasms (cancer)
3. Chronic lower respiratory diseases (such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and asthma)
4. Cerebrovascular diseases (stroke)
5. Accidents (any injuries that are unintentional)
6. Alzheimer’s disease
7. Diabetes mellitus
8. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis (kidney disease)
9. Influenza and pneumonia
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide)
11. Septicemia
12. Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
13. Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal disease
14. Parkinson’s disease
15. Pneumonitis due to solids and liquids

15 top killers of Americans – - CNN.com Blogs

And here are the leading causes of death in Australia:

1301.0 - Year Book Australia, 2012

And how much money are these doctors making from the companies that have products or services to sell to large people?

Marketing axiom, find something that will cause people to feel humiliated, degraded and second class citizens, then invent and sell products and services to that niche and get doctors who are still somewhat respected to develop tests that show >50% of the population fails those tests so they then can push their fat products and medications to said overweight people....

So has eliminating stress from both the home and the workplace, the stress of people either loosing their jobs or having their pay cut back because of all the things liberals, environmentalists and greenies have done to restrict even further peoples lives causing even more stress....

If you would *bother* to look back over a thousand years shall we say plump people were considered normal in civilized countries?

It's only been with the rise of elitists who think their habits and lifestyles and skinny life-forms should be the norm....
Two points here:

1) several of the diseases on your list, obesity is a major contributory factor.

2) "plumpness" was considered a sign of wealth, of being able to afford food, it was not the norm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss