Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 01:12 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,165,098 times

Advertisements

If I'm super hungry, I'll stop at chipotle for a burrito bowl. Beans, brown rice, corn, salsa, chicken, and guacamole if I split it with my boyfriend. If not I either leave it off or only eat half. I feel like the burrito bowl gives you more bang for your buck anyways.

Other than that I don't really eat fast food. If I'm seriously in a pinch or on a road trip, I'll get a grilled chicken salad at mcdonalds with half a dressing packet.

I hate fast food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 01:23 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,469 times
I don't see anything wrong with eating fast food every now and then(as in maybe once a month). There are times when you're rushed and you need to eat, and you want something quick and in those cases picking the "healthier" items off a fast food list is fine. But the problem is when your eating fast food several times a week. Eating it once or twice a month won't hurt you... At all. It isn't the best. It isn't healthy, when you consider the alternatives, but eating things in moderation and occasion is not harmful IMO. I feel the same way about white carbs and processed junks--it's okay to consume these things on occasion(if it's just a couple of times a month). You don't have to completely eliminate things to be healthy, you just have to make sure that the majority of your diet, the majority of the time is healthy. When you're that extreme or restrictive(and obviously with good reason) it can actually make life more difficult IMO--when you leave room, but not much, but just enough for those "times" then things become easier. If I'm on a run, and forgot to bring a snack with me, and I'm far from home, then yes as a one time courtesy eating that fast food junk won't kill me. However if I was so restrictive as to not even consider it, I'd just be hungry, irritable, etc. Sometimes it's okay. The OP, however, needs to learn that eating it all the time(even the healthy stuff) is NOT healthy.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:49 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,839,060 times
I just go to subway for their salad or zaxbys or any other place where I can pick a salad. Adding some low fat cheese or grilled chicken or boiled egg makes it a complete meal for me.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:18 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
I avoid fast food for the sodium and calories, not the fat.

I like to know the nutrition facts about fast food since I live within a 3 minute walk of about a dozen restaurants. I can even see the golden arches from my commode.

Although I am opposed to fast food in general, when they are that many, that close, it is inevitable that the convenience factor will get the best of me now and then.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:53 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,172,886 times
I think Subways stuff is probably OK for quality fast food without a lot of junk in it. Though watch out for the dressings.

Theres a new place by us called DiBellas, does subs and such. Their trad italian sub is pretty good, though I eat only one half of it and save the other half for the next day.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:58 AM

890 posts, read 2,279,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
I think Subways stuff is probably OK for quality fast food without a lot of junk in it. Though watch out for the dressings.

Theres a new place by us called DiBellas, does subs and such. Their trad italian sub is pretty good, though I eat only one half of it and save the other half for the next day.
DiBella's has an awesome cheesesteak and their bread is so so sooo good. I don't even want to know the nutrition info though

Old 09-29-2012, 06:06 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,009,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
So, what's everyones favorite fast food items?

Here is what I enjoy:

Taco Bell
- Fresco Chicken Soft Taco = 150 cal, 3.5G Fat
- Fresco Grilled Steak Soft Taco = 150 cal, 4G Fat

Wendy's
- Ultimate Chicken Grilled = 390 cal, 10G Fat
- Small Chilli = 210 Cal, 6G Fat

McDonald's
- Honey Mustard Snack Wrap (Grilled) = 250 cal, 8G Fat
- Premium Grilled Chicken Sandwich = 350 cal, 9G Fat (no sauce)
- Small French Fries = 230 cal, 11g Fat

I eat out a bunch due to my busy schedule, so I try to eat "healthy" as much as possible. I think my favorite is Taco Bell with their Fresco items!
None of those items are healthy and you need to find time in your 'busy' schedule to make your own healthy meals.

The Fresco items are just ok...only if you're having ONE and drinking water. You should be eating some fresh fruit or veggies with it. But I seriously doubt that's happening.

I LOVE that McDonalds is now listing fat and calories and hope people actually understand what they re putting in their body.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:39 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,887,865 times
Down to 182lb this morning, 34" dress pants aren't tight anymore...... eating a lot of healthy choices too. I did splurge at Q Doba last week.

Ate Taco Bell twice last week, Chik-Fil-A and and McD's once.

Just got to keep eating small portions and decent stuff. I also cut down on diet sodaa ton. I bet I would go through 5-7 12oz diet sodas a day. Now drinking one for lunch and dinner. Drinking about 6 cups of water and 1 cup of coffee in the morning. Hope to get the pop down to one, but not going to cut it out completely.

When we eat out, I prefer Apple Bee's, they have some decent stuff with steak and vegs under 550 cals.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:14 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,009,922 times
Quote:
Down to 182lb this morning, 34" dress pants aren't tight anymore...... eating a lot of healthy choices too. I did splurge at Q Doba last week.

Ate Taco Bell twice last week, Chik-Fil-A and and McD's once.

Just got to keep eating small portions and decent stuff. I also cut down on diet sodaa ton. I bet I would go through 5-7 12oz diet sodas a day. Now drinking one for lunch and dinner. Drinking about 6 cups of water and 1 cup of coffee in the morning. Hope to get the pop down to one, but not going to cut it out completely.

When we eat out, I prefer Apple Bee's, they have some decent stuff with steak and vegs under 550 cals.

Excellent!! Good for you!!!

I can't imagine drinking one soda a day much less 5-7! Holy cow! lol

Old 10-04-2012, 08:44 AM

2 posts, read 1,931 times
Quote:

McDonald's
- Honey Mustard Snack Wrap (Grilled) = 250 cal, 8G Fat
- Premium Grilled Chicken Sandwich = 350 cal, 9G Fat (no sauce)
- Small French Fries = 230 cal, 11g Fat
I also love these foods, McDonald's is only a walking distance from my place, if I am a sort of busy, I would eat these foods, I would eat healthy foods, though as much as possible, I would do my best to have an extra time to prepare my own healthy meal but eating these once for a while is I guess not wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss