Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 09:51 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,515,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
Drink more water and that will help you feel full.

Oh, God! I don't find that works whatsoever. You are missing what I am trying to say. But thank you anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 12:14 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Trust me,I know what you mean.
You like to feel stuffed;I do too.

The only thing that helped me is not having cakes,cookies,and bread in the house.
Also,what I did was ate one,big, 1500 calorie meal a day and then let it provide me energy throughout the day.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:23 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
I know, I know. But I don't like to do that, want ice cream, too, etc. I know it's "wrong", want toast and Smart Balance and a cup of tea...like bread too much.

None of these responses are addressing it, don't mean to sound nasty because I am appreciative but they are all not useful, sorry, have heard it all before! A million times I have heard it all!

Why not try the low fat versions of cookies and cakes?
I just found a recipe for cake using diet coke....cuts out the carbs,calories,and fat.

Make a veggie burger(70 cal) low fat cheese(25 cal) low cal bread(80 cal) and 2 slices of turkey bacon(40 cal).
Taste just like real thing,without the calories.

Yeah I know its useless info to you....
Here is some useful advice....try liposuction or the lapband.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:19 AM

151 posts, read 183,181 times
Martha I will tell you what works for me.

i keep no temptations at home, no cookies, bread, ice cream, chocolate, chips. When I have a craving I buy a small packages For example I buy a package of 4 cookies and share them with other people. I can only buy one package at a time anything else will be eaten. I have zero self control once the food is paid for. I also only eat this as part of my lunch or dinner as I don't snack.

I also count my calories (you gotta do this, there is no way around this) and try to eat only 3 times a day, because I can lose control with snacking. I only eat healthy foods I find tasty and also include less healthy food in moderation. I stay away from high calorie sauces(they add up quickly) or eat them in moderation.

When I eat out I always request a small meal because I know my lack of discipline.

That's it. It is easier than what it seems once those temptations are not around.

Last edited by Where is W?; 12-08-2012 at 01:31 AM..

Old 12-08-2012, 01:28 AM

151 posts, read 183,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Trust me,I know what you mean.
You like to feel stuffed;I do too.

The only thing that helped me is not having cakes,cookies,and bread in the house.
I just read this, It almost sounded like I copied your post. I guess we all have the same issues with some foods.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:36 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
So, Martha Anne, based on all the things you've said about what you like and don't like, what you know, how you could pass a dietician test...

You KNOW exactly what you should do. You don't WANT to do it, and don't intend to do it.

So there's your answer.

Be fat, and accept that you're overweight, and eating your way to a slow painful death.

Problem solved.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:50 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
So, Martha Anne, based on all the things you've said about what you like and don't like, what you know, how you could pass a dietician test...

You KNOW exactly what you should do. You don't WANT to do it, and don't intend to do it.

So there's your answer.

Be fat, and accept that you're overweight, and eating your way to a slow painful death.

Problem solved.
This may turn out to be true except the "slow painful death part" (kind of melodramatic and not necessarily associated with being overweight) and the "problem solved" part.

The problem isn't solved either (hers or yours) way. It's a problem to be overweight and it's a problem to feel hungry and deprived.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:37 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,819,357 times
Losing weight is not easy. It is hard. Sacrifices need to be made. In fact a whole new outlook on ones health needs to be adopted. Most people do not want to do that. Half assed attempts at weight loss will result in failure. When one is really ready to lose weight, and I mean really ready they will lose weight. A lot of people will never be ready so they will attempt and fail. They will make excuses and use words like 'cant' or 'won't.
I do not mean to insult anyone by this. I am just stating what it takes to lose weight. Once a person is ready to make the commitment with no excuses they will lose weight. Ask any former overweight person who has maintained their loss how they did it. The word easy will never come up. And if it does they are lying.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:06 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Have you been to a doctor and had a check up? Tested for diabetes?

I suggest do that first. Diabetes can do that to you and it can make you extremely moody when your sugar gets low.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:13 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
100% correct. The problem is, nobody WANTS to be hungry and deprived for the rest of his life.

No reason to be hungry and deprived, lifestyle change and everything in moderation but it ONLY works if someone REALLY does want to change their lifestyle and eating habits permanently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss