Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 12:01 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,517,776 times

Advertisements

I dieted for years and got heavier every single time. It wasn't until I started exercising and making real meals from scratch that I got my weight under control. I use myfitnesspal to keep track of my calories and I work out...at least 5 days a week. You can lose weight by eating well, I still keep my net calories around 1400 a day (I'm now 5'3"120- 122lbs) and I had bacon and eggs yesterday morning, curry chicken for lunch and beef stroganoff for dinner. On days where I plan big meals I don't snack, on lighter days I snack on almonds or dark chocolate.

Eat real food, exercise, and if you have a craving work it into your day. I love peanut butter..it's high in calories but I have it a lot.

I've kept the weight off for nearly 3 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 02:34 PM

9,024 posts, read 13,901,794 times
From what I remember,you can eat lots of veggies and foods with fiber and still feel full.
I know this is controversial,but I fill up with diet soda.
Oh,and apples make me feel way full,even just eating one.

Atkins too. You don't get hungry.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:57 PM

26,167 posts, read 22,339,785 times
Addicted? Addicted to the sugar, salt and preservatives. That is what the manufacturers set out to accomplish. I am not sure why you need to fill "full". Cut sugar and fat and add raw vegetables and some raw fruit. Walk at least 40 minutes per day with 60 minutes being better. And as many have said, drink water. Also, eat slowly when you eat. Woofing it allows you to eat beyond full and while some people consider feeling like a stuffed turkey as full, that is beyond. That point where if you eat another bite, it will come up and out.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:34 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,537,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You could be feeling this because of what you're eating, rather than how much you're eating. If you're eating a lot of starches and sugars, then yes, you'll continue feeling hungry, more often. If you're eating all your nutrition in a single meal, then yes, you might be feeling more hungry, more often. Metabolisms don't stay the same, especially for females who go through some significant hormonal changes throughout their lives (and even once a month for some decades).

Create a food log, or use one of the online logs (I use myfitnesspal but there are many others and most of them are free). Use one that calculates the protein, carbs, fats, sodium, etc, so you can see at the end of the day *exactly* what you're consuming.

You might surprise yourself and discover you're overloading on starch, and not eating nearly enough fiber or protein.
No, I eat all whole grains, fruit, fresh fish several times a week, eggs, chicken - and all the "bad" stuff, too.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
From what I remember,you can eat lots of veggies and foods with fiber and still feel full.

Trust me, I know that, have been on WW 9 times, could pass a test as a dietician <gg> and eat tons of veggies but don't want to eat just them...

Old 12-07-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
I dieted for years and got heavier every single time. It wasn't until I started exercising and making real meals from scratch that I got my weight under control. I use myfitnesspal to keep track of my calories and I work out...at least 5 days a week. You can lose weight by eating well, I still keep my net calories around 1400 a day (I'm now 5'3"120- 122lbs) and I had bacon and eggs yesterday morning, curry chicken for lunch and beef stroganoff for dinner. On days where I plan big meals I don't snack, on lighter days I snack on almonds or dark chocolate.

Eat real food, exercise, and if you have a craving work it into your day. I love peanut butter..it's high in calories but I have it a lot.

I've kept the weight off for nearly 3 years.
I do not exercise per se, but know I should, am on my feet a lot (care for rescued cats and kittens all day long), make all meals from scratch, organic: Typical dish: organic whole grain rice, fresh carrots, canned whole tomatoes, organic onions, organic green peppers, organic chicken in a cassarole, or: fresh wild salmon, 1/2 organic yam, organic broccoli - but I am trying to tell ya that on top of that I eat all the ice cream cake cookies bread - all of it and crave it, too. Don't even have to eat that stuff, can just eat too much "healthy" food and can't stand to eat less. It's awful!

I cannot do much by way of exercise re: fast walking. Joined a national gym and the stupid trainer whom I paid privately there busted the cartilage in my knee 10 years ago, this is the truth, and now I cannot use stairs, cannot use treadmill, bike, etc. cannot walk fast, swimming pool is too far a drive.

I can walk moderately and should walk but don't do it as much as I should and am bored to death anyway.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Addicted? Addicted to the sugar, salt and preservatives. That is what the manufacturers set out to accomplish. I am not sure why you need to fill "full". Cut sugar and fat and add raw vegetables and some raw fruit. Walk at least 40 minutes per day with 60 minutes being better. And as many have said, drink water. Also, eat slowly when you eat. Woofing it allows you to eat beyond full and while some people consider feeling like a stuffed turkey as full, that is beyond. That point where if you eat another bite, it will come up and out.

Don't like your post. I don't woof it down, you said that, not me. I am not addicted to sugar, never add salt to my food and use food with no preservatives.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

I know, I know. But I don't like to do that, want ice cream, too, etc. I know it's "wrong", want toast and Smart Balance and a cup of tea...like bread too much.

None of these responses are addressing it, don't mean to sound nasty because I am appreciative but they are all not useful, sorry, have heard it all before! A million times I have heard it all!

Old 12-07-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You CAN cut back IF YOU WANT TO. It is uncomfortable at first because your body is adjusting to consuming a lower amount of food which means your stretched stomach that has been stretched from eating too much for a long period of time is adjusting as well and shrinking back to it's normal size.
The choices are live with the discomfort for a week or so or continue to eat as you do and gain more weight.
I agree, in theory. I have told myself that a milllion times but when I did WW for a month, did it right, mind you, I was still starving and it was a month! I was starving and they all said I must be doing something wrong, that I should not be but I WAS.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
100% correct. The problem is, nobody WANTS to be hungry and deprived for the rest of his life.

Charles,

Your posts are the best so far, your responses, I mean. You are on target. The rest is the same old, same old, and I do not say this to be unappreciative of the efforts of the posters and thank you all, but they are USELESS totally USELESS. I know all of what you say there and I have been there done that, don't you see? I am EXPERIENCED and well read about it all and did WW faithfully but can't stand what feels like serious deprivation after so many weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss