Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:33 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,076,820 times

Advertisements

I'm seriously thinking about ordering one of those self-hypnosis programs for weight loss. Anyone have any experience with any of them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 08:41 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,487,638 times
I am 54, but when I was in my 20's I went to weekly hypnosis sessions as well as put myself on a low carb diet and began exercising. I lost 100 lbs. in 11 mos.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:11 PM

673 posts, read 3,146,601 times
My neighbor from when I lived in WI did this hypnosis weight loss program where she went to a seminar and then listened to tapes at night. She said she totally lost all taste for sweet foods (which was always her weakness). She said she lost almost 30lbs in a few months. But then I dont know what happened and she ended up gaining all of it back. She did stop listening to the tape as well.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:14 AM

558 posts, read 2,249,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I am 54, but when I was in my 20's I went to weekly hypnosis sessions as well as put myself on a low carb diet and began exercising. I lost 100 lbs. in 11 mos.
WOW...good for you!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 03:22 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,355,911 times
Great Brokencrayola!!!

If anyone knows of a great hypnosis tape that works let me know.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:22 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,076,820 times
well, it seems like it does work for some people...I know I can be hypnotized so I think I may try it. The one I'm looking at is ThinkandLose...it's only $40 so not much to lose if it doesn't work...worth a try I think.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:22 PM

79 posts, read 286,102 times
Self-hypnosis sounds like a "tool" to keep you "true" to your self goal which is "losing weight."

Remove this tool and substitute it to some self-affirming phrase such as "I can handle it" will be enough to remind your of your goal.

The "craving for sweets" is a huge hurdle when losing weight, especially trying "new" diets. If you start a journal on "when" you have these cravings, you might see a pattern.

Now, choose an alternate food that is healthier than what you would have eaten during the craving times. An apple, a banana, another sweet fruit, followed by plain water. You will notice that if you pick up this habit, it will help you out in your new diet lifestyle change.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:06 PM

32 posts, read 119,940 times
claud605 ,

I tried hypnosis weight loss but was not convinced. Recently I did some research online, read many blogs, did a free analysis and finally get diet meals at diet-to-go. this thing works pretty good to me so far.

Some resources:
hypnosis weight loss: Cheap Weight Loss, My Way » Blog Archive » Hypnosis and Weight Loss (http://weightlosscheap.com/2008/09/09/hypnosis-and-weight-loss/ - broken link)

hypnosis examples: serach videos at youtube.com. The first 3 videos are pretty damn good. they almost explained everything but just don't trust what they said. At least that did not work for me.

a place pointing me for a free analysis at diet-to-go: http://weightlosscheap.com/about/ (broken link)

Thanks.
L

Old 09-11-2008, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 6,194 times
Smile Hypnosis works great for weight loss and other things!

Hi Friends,

I read your posts and encourage you to use hypnosis whenever you can. Hypnosis just means using the power of your mind and emotions to get what you want in life.

People that say hypnosis didn't work for them were misguided. Either they didn't go to a good hypnotist, or they thought that hypnosis was supposed to knock them out and then force them to behave differently. Neither of these things happen with hypnosis.

A good hypnotist knows that people are always motivated to avoid pain and gain pleasure at an unconscious level. People who struggle with their weight associate pleasure to food and pain to exercise. Hypnosis can reverse this and help you make extraordinary breakthroughs even if you haven't in the past.

Thanks!

Tim [mod] advertising [/mod]

Last edited by sablebaby; 09-23-2008 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: cannot advertise

Old 09-16-2008, 06:31 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,715,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
I'm seriously thinking about ordering one of those self-hypnosis programs for weight loss. Anyone have any experience with any of them?
I did that, once. I was so psyched about it and just knew it would work. Even when registering they said I could go to any of their sessions IF I kept my original receipt.

Well, it was neat....but didn't work. In the middle and at the end Vitamins and such were sold.

They came back to town a few months later and I did keep my receipt...just wasn't worth my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss