Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 06:59 AM

525 posts, read 764,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Obviously two people could have the same height and weight but different body composition and respond differently to the same diet and exercise plan because of different basal metabolic rates. But that is the wrong comparison. What we need to know is what happens when an individual who is stable at a given weight reduces intake. No matter what the initial BMR is, weight loss will occur. With continued weight loss, the BMR will change, usually decreasing. Maintaining muscle mass helps mitigate the decrease in BMR. Over time, even small effects add up. Caloric intake has to be modified to account for the changing BMR.

Whether the weight loss is maintained is a complex process in which many factors play a part. Extreme examples of eating disorders are anorexia nervosa and bulimia. They show the effect of psychological influences on eating patterns.

Metabolic rate DROP is DRAMATIC 25 % after weight loss- FAR MORE THAN PREVIOUSLY ASSUMED

Dr. Rudolph Liebel

YOU do NOT understand the body will DEFEND, ADJUST AND ADAPT to any effot you throw at it. AND NO, muscle does NOT burn many calories,

6 more a day per pound added.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:05 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,550,583 times
hey rick are you obese? Why the interest. I do think you make some interesting points. I have changed my metabolic set point by getting more lean mass. It takes a long time but Im doing legally and illegally. Marilyn

Old 01-31-2013, 07:24 AM

525 posts, read 764,789 times
Hi Steve,

No, I am not obese. The most I have strayed from my weight is 20 pounds when I was on strong doses of prednisone for very severe asthma .

I used to holld the same misconceptions about body weight that many on here do. I was so misinformed back then. So, i corrected it in favor of the scientific evidence.

I defend obese people from stigmatization. I have a strong interest in this topic and research it ridiculously.

P.S. I assume you play guitar. I do too. I like Alex Fox , Preston Reed and Slash a lot.

I like this clip because it is creative:

Guns N' Roses - Knocking On Heaven's Door intro live Chicago - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss