Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 09:24 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,046,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
I wish someone would please answer the OP's question as I would also like to hear if anyone has tried this. And we DON"T need to hear YET AGAIN how we should just eat less and exercise more. "If that worked everyone would be doing it. It would be headline news." - to quote one of you.

OBVIOUSLY that is impossible for most people. SO YES, we are looking for help. Geez.

it is headline news, but it's not much of a money maker. The junk food industry isn't making money when ppl aren't buying their crap. The fast food industry isn't making money when ppl arent' buying their crap.

The companies that promote these pills, shakes, waters and whatnot tell you you can eat what you want and still lose weight. It's a win win...the diet company takes your money and the junk food/fast food industry takes your money...meanwhile, you stay fat. So it's really a win, win, can't lose the fat situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 10:37 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,559,296 times
I don't think it's impossible for most people. I think it's impossible for people who have a serious physical disability, or who are lazy, unmotivated, and lack self-discipline. How else can you explain the success stories - the people who have lost 100 lbs or more? I looked to those people for inspiration when I was getting discouraged that I wasn't losing weight more quickly. I only have to lose about 30 lbs, and it feels like I'm rolling a boulder up a hill! I'm fighting for every ounce I lose; this is not easy.

I have such respect for the ones who have lost 100+ (or the extreme cases of 200 lbs or more!). They obviously made a decision to take charge of their health, and they didn't let anything stand in their way.

There was an overweight man behind me in line at the market last night. I looked at his pint of ice cream, and sighed. I have an ice cream cone once in a while, maybe every three months or so. If I were still eating ice cream every day, I'd probably be one of those 100 lbs + overweight people, but I realized it was a problem, and I haven't done that for at least five or six years now. It's all in the choices we make every day of what to eat and how much we move.

Quote:
I wish someone would please answer the OP's question as I would also like to hear if anyone has tried this. And we DON"T need to hear YET AGAIN how we should just eat less and exercise more. "If that worked everyone would be doing it. It would be headline news." - to quote one of you.

OBVIOUSLY that is impossible for most people. SO YES, we are looking for help. Geez.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:51 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,829,980 times
Looking for help or looking for an easy way to lose weight? Help yourself by realizing the ONLY way to lose weight in a healthy matter that will keep it off is eating less and exercising more. Thats it. Eat healthy, whole foods. Stay away from processed foods, simple carbs, sodas, sugars etc... Workout! Get your heart rate up and be consistent.
Ask anyone who has lost a significant amount of weight who has kept it off if they used any 'quick fix' supplements. The answering will be a resounding NO!

Old 02-24-2013, 11:27 AM

17,416 posts, read 16,574,230 times
Quote:

Claud605 - we are not all "the same" and what works for one person may not work for another person. The one thing that I do know is that there are NO quick fixes.

You need to look inside yourself, at your own eating habits to figure out why you are overweight. For some people there are emotional issues that make them overeat (stress eating, food as comfort), for others there is something physical going on. For many (maybe most) others, it's a combination of physical and emotional factors.

You need to figure out what is going on with you. If you need emotional support, maybe look into Over eaters Anonymous.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:56 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,808,668 times
The answer is:

Eating raw coffee beans, or ingesting pulverized/powdered raw coffee beans, is not useful in weight loss.

That is the answer.

Now go eat a nice salad.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:36 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,719,853 times
Quote:

People do need to hear again to eat right and move right for you goals. Eat less and move more general advice not tailored to your specific situation does not work always. Its not impossible to lose weight pill free unless you have an underlying medical condition.

If you want help you should start a new thread on help for what you are doing.
The answer is not going to be a pill from me though. Its a last resort. You have to learn to eat right as you lose weight so you know how to eat right to maintain weight. Do you want to be on pills to keep you thin for the rest of your days? Or do you want to go old school and be patient, diligent, educated and honest with what you are doing? The body likes to pause through loss. It happens to everyone. All should accept that and give the body at least 3 months to start shifting again. Any longer than that you should see a doctor and then change your routine accordingly depending on the outcome of the appointment. Also at the end of loss a lot of people that work out will shrink in inches and not in lbs. This can take a couple months to notice a difference if you don't measure. But one day you wake up: oops..pants too big! but the dieter only lost 2lbs but went down two sizes due to body fat change from working out and proper diet catching up in the good way.

I believe my post was helpful and was in relation to the product being a possible risk and I offered a cheaper alternative to get the job done. I am saying what worked for me. I just hate to see people waste money and put themselves at risk.

So OP if the pills fail ...just adjust your intake a little bit. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss