Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 03:51 PM

48,556 posts, read 34,920,300 times

Advertisements

Plus, his mother didn't know he was obese until one day they went to the doctor and he told her?

Wow, really lucky someone told her that her nearly 400 lb. son was overweight.... that could have TOTALLY slipped by otherwise.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 05:16 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,460,260 times
Knowing many people in the nutrition field, and being a yo yo dieter thruout my lifetime, sorry but that weight loss seems impossible.

It just is not realistic.

I have just lost 10 pounds in almost 3 weeks, by not counting anything out of my diet, but by eating 5 smaller meals thruout the say, and my dinner meal before 7:00 pm.

The key for me is portion control, and what time i eat certain foods, i know about not eating fruits after 2:00 pm, if sugar affects your weight.

I use ground turkey, to replace ground fattening beef whenever possible and yes the ground turkey is very tasty, and no not bland. No one would ever know my turkeyloaf is turkey. Just Monday of this past week, my grown daughter said to me, i am so happy your making meatloaf again, my hubby and i looked at each other, knowing it was ground turkey. It is what spices and sauces you use to get that great taste, and it only takes a little of this or that. My daughter said this was the best meatloaf she ever had, had to laugh.

And drinking plenty of water i feel i am going to float away, walking 30 minutes a day, and exercising. Eating every couple of hours has actually spead up my metabolisim.

Do not get on the scale everyday, it can sabotage ones diet, remember from day to day, depending on waterweight and retianing water, you weight will vary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss