Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 07:03 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,885,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Why is it, when every response so far has been to EAT CARBS but cut out starch and sugar, is the OP continuing to whine about how he can't eliminate carbs?

Is he just not paying any attention to what anyone is telling him?

EAT CARBS. LIMIT STARCH AND SUGAR.

I can tell you the same thing in French and Spanish if it'll help.
Cut the attitude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 08:30 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,919,619 times
A friend of mine can cut body fat easily at 56. He will eat nothing but protein for weeks on end. He has worked out a formula of 5 grams of protein for X pounds of body weight. He says it's too many cans of tuna per day so he goes with chicken and beef. He stays away from all bread and sugar. He eat a lot of eggs as well. When he is pushing steel he eats everything. Two chickens and a rack of ribs in one setting? I have done pounds of steak with him but only a few times.

Sugar and starches? They kill your efforts. Artificial sweeteners make you crave sweets and are actually a poison to your body. Artificially sweetened gum is worse for a dog than chocolate.

For some reason, I psychologically need a sugary drink a least once a week, Coke being my favorite. If I stop that and bread for 3 months I can drop 25 pounds and 2 inches off my waist. Running around with a crazy dog helps.

Will power is some tough stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss