Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 12:44 PM

2 posts, read 5,284 times

Advertisements

I am considering going on the HCG diet and injections, I am 6'1 245 lbs. I work for a construction company where I do very physical work for 10 to 12 hours a day 5 to 7 days a week. So my ? is, is there anyone who does the kind of work I do that has already started the diet or completed it know if it is unsafe for me to go through with it, will the low calorie intake throw my body into starvation mode and injure me? I read on a few different sites that minimal exercise is encouraged but would be harmful to someone like me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 12:51 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,821,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloc86 View Post
I am considering going on the HCG diet and injections, I am 6'1 245 lbs. I work for a construction company where I do very physical work for 10 to 12 hours a day 5 to 7 days a week. So my ? is, is there anyone who does the kind of work I do that has already started the diet or completed it know if it is unsafe for me to go through with it, will the low calorie intake throw my body into starvation mode and injure me? I read on a few different sites that minimal exercise is encouraged but would be harmful to someone like me?
HCG diet is unsafe.

In case you didn't quite get that:

HCG diet is unsafe.

And just to reiterate, so the kids in the back row can hear:

HCG diet is unsafe.

Furthermore, not only is HCG diet unsafe, it's unsafe, AND it's a fraud, AND it's a scam, AND if you take it then you are a sucker, and Jesus will murder a baby kitten in your name.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:31 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,833,818 times
HCG is a scam for delusional desperate people. Save your money and your health and reduce your caloric intake, eat a variety whole, fresh foods, stay away from sugar and simple carbs as much as you can, drink lots of water. And exercise.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:41 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,821,202 times
I'd just like to add:

HCG is unsafe.

I'm so sure of this, that I'd recommend the Eat Right For Your Bra Size, over the HCG diet. Or was that Hair Color? Maybe Blood Type. Something like that. Eat like a hunter. Or a gatherer. Or a caveman. Or a lizard. Eat vegan, eat only meat and fish, and nothing else for a month. Try the Twinkie Diet.

ANY Of those diets will be less unsafe than the HCG diet.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:48 PM

2 posts, read 5,284 times
Ok.... apparently the HCG diet is unsafe, not only is it unsafe but it's unsafe, but instead of jokes how about some actual information on why it's unsafe, because i have not found anything on the Internet that says it's unsafe, except for you guys saying it is, so maybe you guys could tell me why, seeing how you all know so much about it, which makes me think y'all tried it or you know someone who tried it and that is what I'm after here, some actual educated information not just some people blowin wind!

Old 05-21-2012, 04:55 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,833,818 times
Lets just say eating 500 calories a day is not good for anyone. It really messes with your metabolism.
Also what happens when you go off the diet? You think you can sustain the loss after eating normally again? These diets are scams and the failure rates are astronomical. You will not be the exception. No one is. Just about everyone gains all the weight back plus more.
Why not just try and lose weight the sane way?

Old 05-21-2012, 05:17 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,989,731 times
*Waiting for the next "new user" with 1-4 post history to comment on HCG*

OP, just in case AnonChick wasnt clear - HCG is unsafe, a fraud, a scam, usless, and a complete waste of money.

Dont even bother with it. Even the feds have come out against it as being a fraud and a scam.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:25 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,169,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloc86 View Post
Forcing your body to reduce fat stores through the off label use of prescription hormones is not a good idea, in my book. Even if it does not cause problems in the short term, there have been no long range studies how this effects your body in the long term. It is not natural, it is not good.

Since you have a very active job, I would think that simply reducing your calorie intake would have quick results. Eating a good, balanced diet high in raw vegetables and fruit and cutting back dramatically on simple carbohydrates will result in weight loss, improved energy and health.

Rather than take the chance, why don't you just make up your mind to lose weight in a healthy way?

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-21-2012, 05:26 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,789,390 times
Yeah, it's not the HCG part that is dangerous, it's the absurdly low calorie intake. That, the placebo effect, and some dedicated sellers who create 20 different screen names to push the diet are the only reasons people think it's a legitimate diet option. It's not worth the money and the low calorie diet it necessitates is going to make you weak and dizzy and pass out during any sort of heat or labor.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:29 PM

48,578 posts, read 34,956,927 times
I can't imagine being able to stay upright, let alone do physical labor on 500 calories, and I'm half your weight.

I do know one person who is on a 500 cal diet - no hcg.

She is under a dr.'s care and gets injections of vitamins, AND she exercises 2 hours a day.

Honestly, it doesn't seem healthy to me, but at least she is under medical supervision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss