Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 05:07 PM

15 posts, read 20,302 times

Advertisements

After eating clean for months, I decided to do a cheat meal today, too much carbs, sugar, salt and fat. I've been feeling anxious and sad all day (not guilty because of the calories), but I honestly feel like it affected my mood. I hadn't felt this way when I was eating clean. Lesson learned!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 05:43 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
We are what we drink, too.

Thanks for the reminder.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:06 PM

280 posts, read 421,897 times
yep, caffeine and alcohol make me feel terrible.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:07 PM

7,125 posts, read 12,661,810 times
You're so right!

I always feel crappy (body, soul and mood) after eating a lot of sugar...it really affects me strongly.

And my body and spirit glow after eating healthful, fresh foods. It's as though my body, sighs, smiles and says thank you!

Old 02-15-2014, 05:31 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,989,168 times
Agreed. I eat in a healthy way almost always. I was reminded again last week why I do so. I was taking my son out for lunch. He was set on going to Five Guys for a burger. After being caught out all day with not much to eat besides my fruit, yogurt and nuts, I was starving, so I opted for their "little burger". I had an almost immediate stomach ache when finished which lasted quite a while. Never again, I told myself! Too much grease to handle.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:30 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times
Well I be honest I know some people who eat terrible and don't show it yet. I am amazed they are not feeling crappy or fat or sick yet. Its very subjective. I have studied this for along time and some people can get away w/ eating crappy their whole lives. NOt many but a few can.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:55 AM

145 posts, read 186,016 times
Absolutely wrong.

Everything we eat that is absorbed into the bloodstream is broken down into the same simple carbon molecules. Virtually all carbs wind up as the 6-carbon glucose. All protein is broken down into its constituent amino acids, and fats into 2-carbon units from which neutral triglycerides and cholesterol-based molecules are made.

Sorry.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:07 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
Uh-oh, so I guess that makes me a nut?

Old 02-18-2014, 08:09 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,803,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve035 View Post
Absolutely wrong.

Everything we eat that is absorbed into the bloodstream is broken down into the same simple carbon molecules. Virtually all carbs wind up as the 6-carbon glucose. All protein is broken down into its constituent amino acids, and fats into 2-carbon units from which neutral triglycerides and cholesterol-based molecules are made.

Sorry.
Thanks. And I agree. Science > Anecdotal Evidence. Always has been, always will be.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:29 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,929,335 times
Yes, you really are what you eat. It has been known for a while now that gut microbiomes are radically different between different populations of humans, and it is very likely due to diet. If you take a sample of the microbiome from say a person living in a village in Africa vs. a Western European, the microbiome profiles will be significantly different, with higher populations of "bad" bacteria (for layman terms) in Western samples. Also, it is now well known that Japanese people are capable of metabolizing porphyrin (which gives alage its red color) BECAUSE Japanese people eat a lot of seaweed in their diets. Normally, only bacteria in the ocean is capable of metabolizing red colored algae. So how did a gene responsible for the enzyme that is capable of breaking down porphyrin get from the ocean into the guts of humans? Gene transfer due to diet.

The gut microbiome has been labeled as an entire organ system that has been overlooked until recently for its significant impact on human health. In fact, there is very strange, yet very intriguing research being done right now that is linking altered gut microbiomes to things like brain diseases. Diets absolutely have a profound impact on your health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss